• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Axle lube smell

Burn it down! How much gid you spill? Clean it with lacquer thinner. The 60's sure-grip lube with whale oil was the worst, rotten eggs, mad at somebody pour that inside there car on a hot day.

You don't, only time will rid of it, plus you get used to it. Keeps nosy neighbors away too.

What smell I didn't notice anything?
1716494907295.png

Get an air wick mist difuser and load it up with pb blaster.

=800&fmt=jpg&qlt=85,0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1.75,0.jpg

Burn it down! How much gid you spill? Clean it with lacquer thinner. The 60's sure-grip lube with whale oil was the worst, rotten eggs, mad at somebody pour that inside there car on a hot day.
LOL. I agree 100%. And yes, I do remember the 60s stuff, absolutely intolerable. A little on your hand and you were stuck with it for at least a week if you watched regularly.

As T2R9 posted, it will go away, just like the smell of **** does. Or, ya get used to it, how do farmers acclimate to cow ****? Lol. Rebuilding a gear-set and the open pumpkin in the garage for a few days in the winter (keeping the doors closed) it got pretty ripe; the stink dissipated after a week or so. But, I'd rather smell gear lube than ****.

I miss the Sperm whale Sure Grip lube smell. The nastiest smelling almost anything usually worked the best. The EPA took out all the working ingredients and we are worse off for it.
Mike

I knew my shipment of 4 bottles was on it's way when it was still 3 towns away in the mail. My post lady still won't talk to me.. LOL

Easy way to put it in and not get it on you!
1964dodge440cleanup2023pt9 025.jpg

I spilled a bunch in my garage a couple of weeks ago... i'm glad my sniffer is broken :)

Auto Transport Service
Back