• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B or C body Rear Defrost Switch?

70chall440

Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
I also found out that I have a rear defrost switch which I think is actually from a C body. It has a orange light that comes on when rear defroster is on, also it seems to have multiple settings (like 5 or 6) rather than off, low and high. Can anyone confirm this? I have one in my 71 charger dash and it looks similar but is definitely different, specifically the bezel and it does not have the on/off light and only have 3 positions.

IMG_9041.jpg
IMG_9042.jpg

Thats a VERY HARD TO FIND 74 B body rear defrost switch for the glass with electric grid. Brand new option for 74.

the orange wire is the light for the bezel. It plugs into the feed close to the AC control unit where all the dimmered lights are sourced.

the yellow wire light is AS FAR I KNOW a pilot light to indicate when the electric grid is being sourced. This system works with a relay/timer system. Is also optioned just with 65 amps alt option.

Last edited:
@Nacho-RT74
That is awesome information, thank you so much for taking the time to post it. From that info it seems like not something that was very common at all.

I have the more common blower assembly in my car and I do have 2 speakers, I slightly modified an E Body speaker/blower adapter and installed a small bracket under the Dutchman panel and it fits very well.

Well I am not sure what I am going to do with the switch assembly. I initially thought about using it for the electric Air Grabber system I am going to try and build but I am not now given its rarity plus I already ordered a new switch which is a standard type.

Last edited:
If you are willing to sell I THINK there was a member somewhere searching for that piece. Just dunno recall who it was or even if it was on this board LOL.

Yeah I would sell it to someone who needs it, I know what it is like to search for some factory part that I can't find.

That is my 74 Charger that Nacho referenced in the thread above. The car is done and back on the road. I gave it to my grandson as a graduation from high school gift.
He really likes the car. And yes, the electric grid defroster works really well.
Terry W.

Challenger and Charger 2022 No. 1.jpg

Yes… I remember you from that thread.. but there was a member somewhere needing the switch and I don’t think it was you LOL.

Auto Transport Service
Back