• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in MoPar muscle after 30 year absence!

Snowtrooper1966

Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
Greetings!
First into Mopar in the early eighties when you could buy factory original 440 six pack 4 speed 1969.5 Super Bee for 1,500 bucks.
I had more style than sense, and was not wise enough to hold on to any of them.
A few pix of the old stable:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Better to love and lost than never of loved at all....
I keep telling myself that, it kind of helps ;)

Been bitten by the bug again, but no way to afford something like what I was in before. Wired how there seem to be no base model 318 Coronet 440's, they have all magically transformed into "real" Super Bees ;)

Thought was to get into a solid 4 door, do a little work getting it right and flipping up.
Bought this 4 months ago:

image.jpg

I paid way too much for it and did not do my due diligence in going over it. Lots of hidden issues, guess I just had rose tinted glasses on. Also has trouble finding anything in my price range locally, so when this did, I needed to sink the dough into something before it got eaten up by life.

Managed to get out of it and make a couple hundred, enough for a clean 1968 Coronet 4 door back east I had my eye on.
By the time all the ducks were in a row, that car was gone.
Really had my heart set on a 1968 Coronet, since I could not find a '70 and like the tail of a '68.
In searching for one, somehow first gen Chargers came into the picture.
Had 2 second gens (1968 and 1969) so had always kind of dug them as well.

Long story http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?62904-1966-Bright-Red-361-Survivor short,
I'm now the proud owner of a real muscle car again:

image.jpg

much sooner than anticipated:headbang:

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! you had some cool cars makes you want to go back in time to pick the ones you want.

Welcome back! I took 25 years off between my '70 GTX and my, now, '64 Belvedere. Feels good to be back, doesn't it?

Welcome to the site! you had some cool cars makes you want to go back in time to pick the ones you want.

For sure, brother....

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome back!

By the way, what were you doing in between? Hopefully family and not Hondas!

Fun and finally family, yes!
A 26 year old boy, 24 year old duaghter, and now an eight and two year old....

Just treated cars as utilitarian objects for the most part.
Did manage to hold onto a 1966 Pontiac tempest for about 6 years in the middle of all that somehow.
Have had a few Jeep Grand Cherokees (1995 JGC Orvis edition is current family car), a few Supersport Kawasaki's

2004 ZXRR:
2004zx6rr.JPG

2003 ZX9R:
zx9rback.jpg

zx9rside.jpg

A 2001 Isuzu Vehicross:
dragongrill.jpg

dragonside.jpg

I've had a few cool rides here and there, but nothing compares to the vintage MoPars! Another old photo of me and my girl w/a good friend in '87:
challnger.JPG

She actually remembers riding around in that....

As I said, feel super fortunate to be back!

welcome back to Mopar & welcome to FBBO from sunny Calif.

Auto Transport Service
Back