• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the day Rabbit hole

T2R9

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
I visit this once year or so. Mopar heavy back in the day pics.

I like it!:thumbsup:
My ideas for my car have always been centered around what we did in "my day" (the 80s) but the 70s was also a great time when people weren't as concerned with keeping their cars "nice" as they were with making them "badaaaassss!"

That’s how I built my car, 2” raised springs, the forbidden air shocks, even more forbidden slapper bars. Unfortunately the guy I bought the wheels from didn’t know how to measure, so they’re small 15x7s with only 255s, maybe someday I’ll get wider wheels.

Even though I wasn’t alive then, I love that era!

31194A54-11EE-4362-90EB-EE9B726D8C8F.jpeg

0E4C652E-3356-4599-A30D-CE8B2A7EE516.jpeg

838AFF19-0A50-4D25-BB8F-5917AF044A61.jpeg

22D4767F-87FA-4A71-958A-EE577DB468FA.jpeg

I was on the fakebook 70’s street machine page. I can’t get on now. I must have been banned. I don’t know why, I like all those cars. Even the ones that aren’t Mopars. :)

I'm sick to death of all the factory stock builds with their date coded spark plug wires and voltage regulators! I absolutely cannot stand or understand the whole painted steel wheels with the dog dish hubcaps thing,nobody wanted them back in the day,they were used for snow tires or thrown away, and they are called dog dishes because the shop dog actually ate out of them. When I saw the first few cars restored with them,I was like,that's different, but now everyone is doing this,and they look butt ugly! I like day two wheels, like Cragar S/S or slots,or torque thrusts,jacked up with the fattest rubber you can stuff under them! That's what they looked like when I grew up! The only cars that had those stupid dog dish hubcaps on them were cop cars and taxi cabs! People made their cars unique back then!

Remember when just taking off the shitty hubcaps was a perceived improvement? Cuz I couldn't afford nice mags yet. Always wondered how much nicer my '67 goat would have looked with nice wheels on it...sold it before I could find out.

Back then: 1st day, throw dog dishes in garbage, run with the black wheels. 1st paycheque after picking up new car, install mags on back. 2nd paycheque after picking up new car, install bigger mags on back, move narrower mags to front, start saving for a Holley, headers and cam.

I'm sick to death of all the factory stock builds with their date coded spark plug wires and voltage regulators! I absolutely cannot stand or understand the whole painted steel wheels with the dog dish hubcaps thing,nobody wanted them back in the day,they were used for snow tires or thrown away, and they are called dog dishes because the shop dog actually ate out of them. When I saw the first few cars restored with them,I was like,that's different, but now everyone is doing this,and they look butt ugly! I like day two wheels, like Cragar S/S or slots,or torque thrusts,jacked up with the fattest rubber you can stuff under them! That's what they looked like when I grew up! The only cars that had those stupid dog dish hubcaps on them were cop cars and taxi cabs! People made their cars unique back then!
I agree 100%, I love your convertible charger, your ratty v code, and your sunroof Daytona for that very reason. I like keystones, Sox and Martin ran them, and they look good.
Back then: 1st day, throw dog dishes in garbage, run with the black wheels. 1st paycheque after picking up new car, install mags on back. 2nd paycheque after picking up new car, install bigger mags on back, move narrower mags to front, start saving for a Holley, headers and cam.
That’s exactly how my car is going, I didn’t exactly plan it that way, it just happened that way

Mean green original owner did it he added the slapper bars and slots with a sparkomatic tape deck and I kept the theme going but I added the mis matched wheels and most of the stuff I have added is nos 1974 era ,tires shocks headlights air cleaner it’s all new old stock. As far as I am concerned the car is done no new trim or high dollar paint job drive it and have fun.

EC9A32C8-CD26-42CA-818E-A1F776E9A859.jpeg

I got drag stars on my 73 Charger, slotted mags on my van, Cragars on my Challenger convertible and torque thrust wheels on the V code Charger R/T.

20220416_150831.jpg

20220416_152029.jpg

20200613_171929.jpg

20210514_193135.jpg

First set of mags I forked over for were Keystones on 60 series tires. I bought the Challenger; my first new car, as a demo with 2k on it. Photo taken summer of '74. Traded in my '70 Cuda BB vert 4sp...have never fully recovered from it, despite liking the Challenger.

Dodge 73 (2).jpg

First set of mags I forked over for were Keystones on 60 series tires. I bought the Challenger; my first new car, as a demo with 2k on it. Photo taken summer of '74. Traded in my '70 Cuda BB vert 4sp...have never fully recovered from it, despite liking the Challenger.

View attachment 1321054
Nice! redid this one 1987ish. Before and after.

SCN_0013.jpg
SCN_0012.jpg

That was my glory days Class of 77' Baby, turned 21 in 1980
started serious drag racing in summer of 1977
I lived it

Budnicks 23 T Ford Altered AA-Gas 6-71 Blown 301ci Donovan (1).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back