• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Orioles legend Brooks Robinson passes away

WileERobby

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Hall of Fame 3B, O's star Brooks Robinson dies For baseball fans who lived the era, this guy was THE BEST fielding 3rd baseman ever to play the game. He was a major part of the great Baltimore Orioles teams of the late 60's - 70's. When fans of opposing teams recognize and watch in awe at his skills, his was extraordinary. R.I.P. to the "Human Vacuum Cleaner"

Ah Brooksie. Gold glove 16 times in a row I believe. He will be missed. Hope the boys of October in Mobtown give him a sendoff to remember, looks good this year.

During a game he disagreed with the 3rd base umpire on a few calls, when a foul ball hit a woman in the stands and ushers rushed to help her the umpire exclaimed "my god was she hit by that ball?" Brooks replied "no she fainted because you finally got a call right".

Never heard of him until today. But RIP Brooks Robinson.

Rest in Peace!

Auto Transport Service
Back