• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bargoon shipping rates

gkent

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
A friend told me about this outfit called "Shiptime" https://shiptime.com They offer discount rates with virtually every courier-type carrier - Purolator, CanPar, UPS, FedEx, etc.. Initially it looks like you need to "join" somewhere but I just used my Costco membership. You can do all the work online - get a quote, create the shipment, pay and print the waybill, etc.. I don't know about "international" but it does work for domestic Canadian and U.S. as well as between Canada and the U.S..

Here's an example of the possible savings ...

I just shipped an item in Canada by Purolator. Standard price would have been $75.04. I paid $18.41

They listed all the couriers and the different rates. Purolator happened to be the cheapest for this particular shipment but I've had other quotes where CanPar and UPS were the cheapest.

The savings are definitely worth the effort !! Looks like they do freight as well.

Paypals new "netship" system. Sell and collect funds as merchandise and then use the built in shipping program in Paypal.

I sold a 1941 6 port Khoeler fuel valve for a Lockhead Electra last week to a group in New Zealand that's restoring same. Post office was 90 bucks and 18 days. Paypals netship gives you a bunch of discounted options. Post office option was still 90 bucks, but I got to use UPS instead, regular $384 discounted to $57.25 Cdn and 4 day service and picked up at my door to boot. Guys already have the part in NZ !

It's deals like this, amazon etc, that are being discounted that have made normal rates go through the roof.

I tried this and it is only good for Canada to Canada or Canada to US or US to Canada

Auto Transport Service
Back