• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Barn Find"

I love the slap stick in the pre-71 car.

I was wondering when somebody was going to comment on the slap stick :toothy5:. He left a bit of the tranny hump of the donor car, so the console doesn't fit quite right. We will have to take the console out (it is just bolted in) and put it in it's correct location so that the console surround fits properly. Or, just run it as is and replace it all with a four speed shifter down the line.

some one has been busy thanks for sharing keep updating to we love mopar **** :hello2:

Bye bye 10 inch drums

After cleaning and media blasting the front spindles and caliper brackets and buying new calipers, the front brakes from our donor M body are ready to go in place of the old 10 inch drums. We also have some new 11 inch drums for the back. Also purchased a master cylinder and mounting bracket from Mancini Racing, and new proportioning valve. Also changing the rear studs to rh thread. The fronts are correct with the new rotors.

sorry about the pictures, for some reason, the editor flips my IPad pictures 180 degrees.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 294
Getting the brakes installed

Here is the front disc brake conversion using parts from an M body (any F/M/J would work). The rear drums are now 11 inchers.downsized_0526131555.jpgdownsized_0526131612.jpgdownsized950526131410.jpgdownsized950526131431.jpg

really nice find! first car i ever owned was a 68 charger, still my first love.

Getting the brakes done. We installed a new master cylinder for the discs and proportioning valve and 10 lb check valve for the drums. Now for a test drive.downsized_0529131802a.jpgdownsized_0529131802.jpgdownsized_0530131732.jpgdownsized_0530132037.jpg

Well, I had to leave on a trip, but my son took the Charger to the first Mopar meet of the season here and got second place in the "Under Construction" class. Unfortunately, we found out that the radiator was now toast and the tranny was on it's last legs. Luckly, he was able to limp home and put it in the garage where it is awaiting a new radiator and transmission swap. Good thing we have a spare big block 727 available. Then hopefully we will have it available for the summer show season before starting the serious task of refurbishment.

are those 17" or 18" wheels?
what size are you running on the back?

17's. They are a pre production wheel done by Wheel Vintiques that a friend of mine special ordered. They are a bit heavier than the current production wheel, so we got them from him for a nice price. The tires are 255/45ZR17's front and 285/40ZR17's rear, both on 10 inch width wheels. The tire shop had a bit of problem getting the rears on the rims, and ruined a sidewall (another reason we got a good package deal as I had to spend $360 for a new tire). I thought they were going to be too big for the car as we had them sitting under an Aspen initially and they were just a little too much, but under the Charger, I think they look OK.

Well, our summer show season is just about over, so just about time to jump in to the body work. As a temporary measure, and to hide the rust out spots on the body, I did a quickie shoot with Eastwood Rat Rod flat black. It looks much better in one color now.P8170508.jpg

Man,you are just movin along..wow..great job your doing there...oh by the way welcome..your fittin right in.congrats on the 2nd place under construc.award..thats great too.!!..keep the pic's comin..God Bless ya..Barry..(Bear R.-)..

Auto Transport Service
Back