• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barrett-Jackson $210,000 vs $215,000 (VW vs Daytona)

Still a few vw buses here, we called them "combis" i know that the ones build in Germany worth a lot more but honestly i can't see the high price and desirability that a daytona have, not to mention the anemic boxer engine prone to set on fire, don't get me wrong i really like the vw, but not to pay 210k for one, for a daytona of course I'll pay that.

Ehh... whatever floats yer boat. To each his own. I'd buy a Ford Granada before a VW bus.
Nope not me... lol My mom had a Grenada and she used to let me use it. That car was a huge pile of ****. Leaked from everywhere, oil, coolant, PS and hell even the brakes were leaking. THat car was a deathtrap. I'd take the VW at least it has a better resale value. Yes I spelled it like that for a reason. :)

Exactly. I had to make a valid comparison to demonstrate where that VW is.

More money than brains.

Parents had 3 VW buses as shuttles from local mall to train station, all 3 JUNK!! Riders and drivers had no heat in winter, got rid of THAT part of business & the buses too. I'll take a Pinto or Yugo over those buses. Yes, to each their own.

Parents had 3 VW buses as shuttles from local mall to train station, all 3 JUNK!! Riders and drivers had no heat in winter, got rid of THAT part of business & the buses too. I'll take a Pinto or Yugo over those buses. Yes, to each their own.
I remember that crappy heat deal. My parents had those when I was little. We’d drive them to NH from RI in the winter, always cold. An interesting, quirky vehicle, wouldn’t ever think of blowing that kind of money for one. Restoring a ‘67 beetle convertible with the wife. Not a bad little car if it’s what you like. Get’s her in the garage though. Making her do the body work and shoot the paint on one panel just so she can say she did it.

If you've ever driven one of those really old VW vans, you know how miserable they are to drive....
just sayin'.
One of my neighbors has an old VW van and I hear it coming for 10 minutes before I see it because it can only do about 15-20 mph up the slight grade...

One of my neighbors has an old VW van and I hear it coming for 10 minutes before I see it because it can only do about 15-20 mph up the slight grade...
:lol:
They really are anemic!

With 36 horsepower it’s not getting anywhere fast.

"$34,500, or best offer"

1955VWBusSide-630x390.jpg

giphy.gif

The dirt underneath it must be pretty valuable too. Has as much of that bus in it as the shell itself.

Auto Transport Service
Back