• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone going to Barrett Jackson New Orleans this weekend?

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
My wife and I have been to Mecum Kissimmee, a couple of days, first time doing that and it was great!
Like a giant car show for us, and she had a particular interest in the Pontiac Catalina "Swiss Cheese" cars, and I enjoyed the entire spectrum of cars there.
It was great fun and I'd like to do it again.
So Barrett Jackson is in New Orleans this weekend, and she's bringing her 5 yr old grandson and I'm going.
I haven't been to a Barrett Jackson auction, any suggestions? We're going one day only.

Lol...
I just got finished reading the "Barrett Jackson experience" thread.
I think we will have fun.
We may find some attire there that we can wear right away at Cruisin the Coast which starts this Sunday and runs through the 8th.
The auction should be a great intro to the week of Cruisin the Coast, where we will be enjoying the cars we already own. The 65 GTO has a .035 over Tripower 421
20201006_143306.jpg
20201012_012434.jpg
20201008_164925.jpg
20201006_143229.jpg

I am in Mandeville and unfortunately will not be able to attend. Don’t expect Mecum like experience but as you said, viewing the collections makes for a great day regardless of wether or not you buy.

Have fun!!

I am in Mandeville
Have our paths crossed on the Northshore?
It's been longer than I'd like, but the Columbia Street block party is a monthly cruise-in/show I have been in, but not this year. I will try to make the "Halloween" event on Columbia Street, which is usually the biggest turnout of all, by far, but also the last one until next year.
I try to make the monthly cruise-in/show at Northshore Square on Airport Road, and although it's been a couple of years I've skipped, the Big Easy Mopar club in Chalmette (brah) and Mopars at the Battleship in Mobile.
I'm going to be at Cruisin the Coast all week.
Let me know if you are going. I can't imagine missing that!
I'm also in Deep South Cruisers club, although I haven't been in one of those monthly cruise-ins this year either.
20191109_003732.jpg
20191019_191432.jpg

Have our paths crossed on the Northshore?
It's been longer than I'd like, but the Columbia Street block party is a monthly cruise-in/show I have been in, but not this year. I will try to make the "Halloween" event on Columbia Street, which is usually the biggest turnout of all, by far, but also the last one until next year.
I try to make the monthly cruise-in/show at Northshore Square on Airport Road, and although it's been a couple of years I've skipped, the Big Easy Mopar club in Chalmette (brah) and Mopars at the Battleship in Mobile.
I'm going to be at Cruisin the Coast all week.
Let me know if you are going. I can't imagine missing that!
I'm also in Deep South Cruisers club, although I haven't been in one of those monthly cruise-ins this year either.
View attachment 1531686View attachment 1531687
We haven’t crossed paths……..yet. I am currently working to get my 73 Charger road suitable and would like to attend the events as well.

Cool.
My first Mopar experience that made me a Mopar fan forever was at 7 years old, in 1969, my LEO dad bought a new 69 Roadrunner, 383 auto. He and my mom up front, me in the back, going up the I-10 high-rise bridge and someone blew past him. He put the magnetic base blue light on the dash and matted the gas, and up and over the crest of the high rise we went, and had the speeder pulled over w/in a mile.
Oh YEAH that was a memorable ride!
Fast forward to 1978, I'm looking for a faster car, and I find a 71 Charger R/T 440 4bbl auto, 54k miles, great shape but needs ignition work. Points, wires, and cap and rotor, and she ran great. $1700. I really like the 71-73 Charger BUT it MUST have WIDE rear tires.
Now my 70 V-code Roadrunner, 440 6bbl and "shadetree" upgrades, the 292°/.509 cam being my favorite, and the "Hemi" 18 spline 4 speed was a BLAST, but now with the Passon a855 five speed and the 4.10 vs the 3.54....what a monster!
Next up is the Bill Mitchell aluminum RB block 572 I've been working on getting all the parts together for. Parts list should be complete by January. I hope to have it under the hood next year.

Auto Transport Service
Back