• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB BB .528 purple shaft solid lifter cam wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingerGabe

Local time
6:39 PM
Reaction score
looking for big block .528 cam seems like there no one making them anymore

If you can't find the MP 528 cam, you might want to contact Ken Heard at Oregon Cam Grinding in Vancouver WA (360) 256-7985 or 1-800-539-9165 and have them grind one for you (or something real close). OCG is a good company to deal with.

I will look today for you, I think I have one with lifters that came out of an engine I am now building. I will put the dial indicator on it and verify. I do think it was the size you are looking for, it's been a few months since I measured it, so I will check

They are nice old school cams. Much better grinds out there these days with similar specs.

Mine wasn't the right one. If someone could check my math. overall 1.558, base circle 1.232, multiply by 1.5=.489 The closest I saw was a .484 cam. I'm building a 470 (400) stroker. I wonder if this would be a good cam. Sorry swingergabe

The 528 is a great cam despite manifolds.
It will run better with headers. Isn't Comp Cams still making retro Mopar Performance inspired cams? For awhile, they made revised versions with wider lobe centers for similar power with better street manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back