• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB BBpushbutton trans and 8.75 sure grip

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrojunkie

Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
I think Im going to turn my 64 Sport Fury that I bought thru this site into a street/strip car. Looking for a 8.75 sure grip 3.91 or 4.10 center chunk If the chunk will work in a tapered axle (for now) rear end. Also looking for a BB pushbutton trans. Prefer sure grip unit and BB pushbutton not need rebuilt but will consider all. Prefer to be within 200 mi. of Evansville, In. (in southwestern tip of In.)

there is a 62 chrysler that was a 361,, auto is still in the car. I might go get it if you still need a tranny just a thought

Thanks, I appreciate the offer! Do you know how much? Bill

Are you Looking For a Slip Yoke Push button Trans. (65 Only) or Ball and Trunnion pre 65?

I would prefer slip yoke push button but will take ball and trunion also. Bill

I'd sell my center section.. it's 4.10's in a 489 case w/ clutch style SG (IIRC).. probably has about 800 miles on it since I put it in.

plus I'm only 45 miles from ya (and i'm in evansville pretty much every other weekend)

Last edited:
I know a Junkyard where there at least 6 Auto trans. still in Cars with Big blocks and 1965 Slip Yoke Style. But i am in Pa.

70Gtx thanks for your reply. Appreciate it. Unfortunately the cost of shipping would probably cost more than the transmission. If I lived close to the junkyard I'd probably go get everyone of those trannies if for no other reason than to keep them from going to the crusher. I'd like to have a couple spares also. Between my son, my brother and me we have 5 64 Plymouth fury/sport furies. Not all running but someday before I kick the bucket. Have a good one. Bill

Update; Thanks to Seax440 dodge I now have a center chunk. Thanks Jim. Nice meeting you. Bill

I have a 63 BB trans in Ripon, WI. Was looking to get somewhere in the nighborhood of 400 for it. I believe it is a good transmission. It has the solid flange on the back, not a brake.

safetymike77, thanks for the offer. I think I have located one closer to home, within driving range so there's no shipping costs. Thanks again and have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back