• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bead roller

71RRHI

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a bead roller to form some patch panels. Woodward fab has a combo deal,. Their 18" super bead roller, stand, and drive motor for $850. Looks like a good entry level bead roller to me. Does anyone here have the woodward fab super bead roller? How do you like it? Recommendations for other brands of bead rollers welcome.
Screenshot_20230111_120058_Samsung Internet.jpg

Can't remember where mine came from but having a motorized one is the way to go. Mine is a manual and is great for doing small jobs....

I got mine from Harbour freight.
I beefed it up with some angle iron added a gear motor and made a stand and wired in a foot peddle.

I have not used it much as my model A project got sidetracked due to covid.
Screenshot_20230111_175805_Instagram.jpg

I think most bead rollers need to be beefed up to keep the throat from spreading.

I have a harbor freight and had to beef mine up as well otherwise they spread and the Woodward fab piece looks like you will have to do the same

Can't remember where mine came from but having a motorized one is the way to go. Mine is a manual and is great for doing small jobs....
I want a motorized one. I think it would be easier, than trying to crank with one hand and guide the piece with the other.

I think most bead rollers need to be beefed up to keep the throat from spreading.
Thats why I looking at the woodward fab super bead roller they claim the frame is .680" thick to prevent flex.

I have a harbor freight and had to beef mine up as well otherwise they spread and the Woodward fab piece looks like you will have to do
I got mine from Harbour freight.
I beefed it up with some angle iron added a gear motor and made a stand and wired in a foot peddle.

I have not used it much as my model A project got sidetracked due to covid.View attachment 1400723
I have not had much luck with harbor frieght tools. What I have bought I had to modify to make work. Atleast you were able to make it work for what you needed

Thanks for the suggestions, went ahead and ordered the woodward fab super bead roller kit. Was considering a mittler bros, way better machine, but after shipping would have been $3500+

I have it, without the motor though. It is pretty heavy duty. I haven’t seen mine flex at all. I’m just a hobbyist, not a pro.

I have it, without the motor though. It is pretty heavy duty. I haven’t seen mine flex at all. I’m just a hobbyist, not a pro.
Just received mine, I'm a hobbyist, and have never used a bead roller before. I think this will be a good machine to learn on. Going start by making some floor board patch panels.

That motor is going to make a huge difference. You’ll be able to hold the workpiece with both hands instead of one hand on the piece and the other turning the handle/wheel.

Auto Transport Service
Back