• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been paying attention to the stock market again.....

In a capitalist society, you have to have money to have a family (unless you're on welfare).

Anyone checked the cost of birthin' a baby lately?

In a capitalist society, you have to have money to have a family (unless you're on welfare).

Anyone checked the cost of birthin' a baby lately?
I keep a close eye on everyone around me that I hold as family, whether they are or not. Money at this point is only good for what it can get you.

My brother was married three times and has lived with his GIRLFRIEND for 27 years. “Once bitten, twice shy.” I'm not sure what they say about a third............ I know what he says.

Bad things happen to good people, you're both proof of that.
That is a very true statement, depends on who gets the best attorney seen it happen .

That is a very true statement, depends on who gets the best attorney seen it happen .
He was married to one for less than a year after dating for 5 years. Her lawyer wanted half of his stuff. They had the same job at bell telephone, years ago. His lawyer said not a problem, we want half of hers. The problem went away and she sold the rings he gave her for a new driveway. Crazy!! I told him, look at what she did to her first husband for a clue of what she was capable of doing. He married her anyway.

My wife believed in family first.....her family and I was last always. Didn't mind it so much at first but as the years ticked off, got tired of being treated like a door mat.
yyiwrv1702003202705.jpg

He was married to one for less than a year after dating for 5 years. Her lawyer wanted half of his stuff. They had the same job at bell telephone, years ago. His lawyer said not a problem, we want half of hers. The problem went away and she sold the rings he gave her for a new driveway. Crazy!! I told him, look at what she did to her first husband for a clue of what she was capable of doing. He married her anyway.
When it comes to financial investments, a prospectus will typically state a variation of "past performance is not a predictor of future results." When I had my general counsel job, my human resources manager, referring to potential hires said "past performance is always a predictor of future outcomes..." She was right more than I like to admit, and had already spent decades happily married to her first husband.

Last edited:
When it comes to financial investments, a prospectus will typically state a variation of "past performance is not a predictor of future results." When I had my general counsel job, my human resources manager, referring to potential hires said "past performance is always a predictor of future outcomes..." She was right more than I like to think about it, and had already spent decades with her first husband.
Well said and words to live by!! I remember telling him one day, she had the taste for human flesh from her last man and likely hadn't forgotten, he laughed.

Well said and words to live by!! I remember telling him one day, she had the taste for human flesh from her last man and likely hadn't forgotten, he laughed.
The second time or third you come out with your fist up ready for battle been there done tat ,third time charm so far for me . Women treat men like cars they always trying to upgrade and you take the loss.

To all that stated that the stock market was gonna crash real soon and cars would soon be worthless.. :drama:

Closed today at 40,206 !!!

To all that stated that the stock market was gonna crash real soon and cars would soon be worthless.. :drama:

Closed today at 40,206 !!!
Wayne, like you, decades in the deal. The car from back in the day, the original wife, and capital still in the stock market. Hasn’t been a bad ride.

Wayne, like you, decades in the deal. The car from back in the day, the original wife, and capital still in the stock market. Hasn’t been a bad ride.
Nope.. we pulled our RSP amounts for this year back on January 11th. As of yesterday we'd already made 1/2 of it back. Percentage wise, up almost 4% in 5 weeks! IF it kept up at the current rate, that would be 33% per year.

Just looked at my 401K

Up 32% March 2023 - March 2024

We won’t talk about the previous two years before that

Make sure you snag some while it's high ! What I've been doing the past 5 years or so, but I also haven't had a pay cheque in 18, so I'm paying minimum tax on the withdrawals...

Nothing but a good thing. Compound interest is my best friend, well, one of my best friends. My investment during Covid, when it dropped to 18,000, has been a fun ride. Let it roll!

Wayne,
The market will never go away as long as people and companies exist.

Yeah, it is something huh? Have to assume when corporations are making a ton, their stocks elevate. As well, when they could lower their prices, why would they when people are still buying stuff like crazy despite higher prices? While my grocery bill has gone up some 20-bucks a week, my IRA has gone up five-figures. Either way, I know this won’t last, never has..

After thinking I didn't want to anymore but man, sure looks like there's some money to be made.....especially in options....? Just need to shake off the rust. And I kinda miss the 'Money Honey' :D
I am 68, and took what little I had out of mutual funds and just put it in the bank, 2008 really hurt my stocks, and when it finally built back to a decent level, I just took it out. And yes, I screwed myself, but at least I did not have to worry about it anymore. I want to ask one question that has never really been answered to my satisfaction. So, we have millions of people with 401K's and they are dumping money into stocks every paycheck. Law of supply and demand for stocks, why should stocks ever lose value like the crash in 2008? Just so many stocks and a steady stream of money is coming in the market every month, right? What I am saying is even if the banks in 2008 were losing money on real estate, WHO got all the value when stock market went away?

Happens when all the big folks in the market start dumping their stocks tanking the market. Then some will buy them back when they’re dirt-cheap, this is why companies were spanked during the ’08 collapse using OUR money we gave them trying to buy their tanked stocks back. Also why hedge-fund guys get so filthy rich. MO, the market isn’t for the masses who have maybe a couple hundred grand in them, these big guys buy & sells millions/billions in stocks in milliseconds, in and out. Not guys like me. My broker says just hang onto what I have and wait for the recovery. NOT what da big dudes do.

Yeah, it is something huh? Have to assume when corporations are making a ton, their stocks elevate. As well, when they could lower their prices, why would they when people are still buying stuff like crazy despite higher prices? While my grocery bill has gone up some 20-bucks a week, my IRA has gone up five-figures. Either way, I know this won’t last, never has..
Which won't last. Right now, the trend is firmly on an upward trajectory. History says it should last another few years. Then a bump in the road and then a run. The average since it started, over a hundred years ago, is over 9 percent. It'll last longer than you and I.

Actually...the stock market only partially works on value and income of listed companies.

The rest is speculation and perceived value.

That's why there's a "P/E" ratio metric.

If a stock has a PE ratio of 20, that means the current price is 20 times what the actual earnings are.

If that sounds like the stock is overpriced...maybe it is and maybe it isn't.
You are betting the "attractiveness" of the stock will increase, not that the actual earnings will, while that can certainly (but not always) help.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back