• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been working on a 71 Sattelite.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
This is a slow go process. Been working on this car off and on. Mostly off due to the dreaded cold. I have done a disc brake conversion and working on the entire dash. Its out in my shed but slowly coming together. Here are a few pictures of the car and the dash. I have told the guy who owns it to ditch the wing. gack... I am looking for the hood inserts prefer 383 call outs. So let me know if you have these.

IMG_1291.JPG
IMG_1268[1].JPG
IMG_1293[1].JPG
IMG_1294.JPG

That wing is horrible !
lol I know I think they stole it from a shopping cart. Its way way wrong. lol

Maybe... I'll take it off and mis-place it. :) Or just tell him if its sitting in my yard that **** has to go.

wow no Mercy here, I would lose it,sorry
lol I know it looks like ****.. I told the guy who owns the car.. I actually kinda don't like the door stop cars anyhow. The best description I have ever heard for the 71 to 74 cars was a "Catfish kicked in the chin" lol

On a better note I was going to do a manual to power steering swap on this 69 GTX 440 4-speed car. Its sitting a little high because I just pulled the jack out.

These cars should have came equipped with an anti head smashing tennis ball like the one in the pictures.
IMG_1266[1].JPG
IMG_1267[2].JPG
IMG_1265[1].JPG

Last edited:
Sorry, IMO, the only wing that looks nice is the Daytona and Superbird...they actually are functional. All the others look like tacky accessories like you'd find in a JC Whitney catalog. I like the T/A and AAR spoilers though.

except you got them from MOPAR :thumbsup: front and rear on both of mine from the factory , I LOVE them wouldn't have them any other way

Last edited:
Mopar calls them Go Wings but i think the wing on this pile is a PoWing. But it should really be a NoWing. I could really keep on Going. But the words have started Slowing. :jackoff:

I think the 71 to 72 cars should have used a low spoiler kind if like a camaro 3 piece. Probably would have made the car more appealing.

Last edited:
I actually kinda don't like the door stop cars anyhow. The best description I have ever heard for the 71 to 74 cars was a "Catfish kicked in the chin" lol

Not the best forum to post your opinion of 71-74 cars...

Not the best forum to post your opinion of 71-74 cars...
Its a forum.. I can't anticipate all the feelings I may hurt over an inanimate object. Its not like the car has feelings. Or maybe it does now in this day and time. Perhaps I will give the car and participation award. If I had posted a picture of a AMC Matador and said it was the ugliest pile of left over parts they ever built.. Someone would chime in and call it a work of art that should be appreciated. OK WHAT EVER.. Its an ugly *** car. Sorry that you were offended with my opinion of a car. I personally apologize in advance to everyone with a thin shell. It looks like tha AMC was a cool car to start with but then the engineers said **** BOB we forgot to add headlights.. So they just popped them into the clay model and called it a day.

1976AMCMatador_01_1000-970x532.jpg

Its a forum.. I can't anticipate all the feelings I may hurt over an inanimate object. Its not like the car has feelings. Or maybe it does now in this day and time. Perhaps I will give the car and participation award. If I had posted a picture of a AMC Matador and said it was the ugliest pile of left over parts they ever built.. Someone would chime in and call it a work of art that should be appreciated. OK WHAT EVER.. Its an ugly *** car. Sorry that you were offended with my opinion of a car. I personally apologize in advance to everyone with a thin shell. It looks like tha AMC was a cool car to start with but then the engineers said **** BOB we forgot to add headlights.. So they just popped them into the clay model and called it a day.

View attachment 715016

Point being, you posted that you do not like 71-74 cars IN THE 71-74 MOPARS FORUM :realcrazy:

Lol wow I guess opinions mean nothing. Where should I have posted this car other that the 71/74 forum. If it were a 66/70 I would have posted it there. So I guess I should have just posted it in the funny/anything goes forum.

I love these cars, but pictures taken from the rear quarters looking forward...Not too flattering.
Oh, and lose the wing, I thought something was just laying ther.

Wings : something you order bone or boneless, with mild, spicy, or hot depending on your taste.

Who care's
Seen a lot worse crap on the road
You just wouldn't find me in it lol

This is a slow go process. Been working on this car off and on. Mostly off due to the dreaded cold. I have done a disc brake conversion and working on the entire dash. Its out in my shed but slowly coming together. Here are a few pictures of the car and the dash. I have told the guy who owns it to ditch the wing. gack... I am looking for the hood inserts prefer 383 call outs. So let me know if you have these.

View attachment 714735 View attachment 714728 View attachment 714730 View attachment 714733

My opinion/suggestions for appearance:
1: Get rid of that ugly wing.
2: Get rid of that ugly stripe around the rear.
3: Needs to have matching factory dual mirrors.
4: MAYBE, only maybe, add a factory strobe stripe over the roof and down onto the quarters. This particular car with its darker charcoal (?) finish will look best without stripes.
5: If the owner wants to personalize it, then add rear window louvers and paint them body color.

Don't get me wrong even the go wings on 70 roadrunners looks goofy to me. But then again its all a matter of opinion. Some people like the fat bottom girls, I do not.

Point being, you posted that you do not like 71-74 cars IN THE 71-74 MOPARS FORUM :realcrazy:

I don't like them, I don't own one. I wouldn't buy one.. Doesn't mean I can't express my thoughts on it. Some people love them but you don't see me trying to change their mind. To each his own.

Last edited:

View attachment 714735 View attachment 714728 View attachment 714730 View attachment 714733

Can you post a picture of the hood?

Auto Transport Service
Back