• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belvedere kickdown linkage help

MoparCain

Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of the right kickdown linkage for a 66 belvedere with a 727 and a 440.

Bump anyone have a good pic or can tell me how to get the proper kickdown linkage.

First thing you need to do is procure a FSM [Factory Service Manual]. It will give you all the information you need to get the right set up. There is an earlier post out there that I started that deals with just such this type of questioning. Get it and any other Manuals that will help in fixing/repairing your ride. Even the 66 Parts Books will give you that info. Mitchell's Crash sheets too. They are out there....

Attachments

• Screenshot-1.jpg
    Screenshot-1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 295
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 258
Thanks Pops and cr8crshr that info and pics should get me in the right direction. By the way I am waiting on my FSM to arrive. But I wanted to look for the linkage while I have a few days off work for the holiday and was hoping to get enough info to notice it if I run across the right setup.

Just remember your throttle cable bracket w/bell crank and trans valve body lever all have to be from the same year/model or ones that directly interchange with the year/model pieces you are using to make the linkage function correctly. If you get some pieces from later models and some from earlier models or ones from different car line models many times it will not fit, function or adjust properly this is probably the most important part of kick down linkage that people overlook. I have a correct B or E-Body 440 4-barrel kick-down linkage complete set up available but it is for 69, 70, 71 models although i do have all the pieces so it will fit and function on earlier and later 71-72 B-Body models depending on what intake/carb/trans you are using. Hope this info helps and PM me if interested

I am using a 1968 D 440 and I am not sure what year 727 it is. How can I id the trans. I am in the garage tonight so I am going to get all the numbers and vin if it has one. I have always been a 4 speed guy so I am not familiar with 727s. Wish my service manual would hurry up and get here.

The part number on the trans should be right above the pan on the drivers side, vin on 69 up will be on a pad on the passengers side trans bell or on the top or side edge of the bell on a 68

Auto Transport Service
Back