• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Benny Hill

Kids In The Hall is Canadian. Did you watch Faulty Towers?
Never heard of, might be getting my shows mixed up as there was no way the show I'm speaking of was Candian...
Kind of a heavy metal guy, a punk rock type guy were roommates... I could barely understand what the hell they were saying... I guess it was like a precursor to Beavis and Butthead..
Edit... just found it was called the Young Ones,

Last edited:
Benny died a sad and lonely man in the end. It was a bad week for British Comedy, as the day before Benny died, another top comedian also passed away....Frankie Howerd.
102bfbffe6d53b28a986042c911c1b3e.jpg

The saddest part of Benny's passing was that no-one knew for several days. :(

British humor back then was great. Monty Python, Benny Hill and even the Two Ronnies!

Sad he died alone...
& a while before anyone noticed

'I'll buy that for a dollar'
or something like that

I always remember 'the babes' & his catch phrases
& that lil' old dude, that was always around him

back when comedy was actually funny,
not offended by everything/anything,
that was sort of the point of 'the schtick'

Smiley Friends.jpg

Sidney J. Bollicks?

Benny Hill was something my late little brother Joe and I shared. We both loved that show in
the late 70's/early 80's and would stay up late to watch it
A little bio on him. His show was great!

Thank you for sharing a respectful little video on Mr. Hill; usually, that sort of thing is full of such
negativity, so this was refreshing.

When I think of Benny Hill (thank you Thames for sharing him!), I always think of my late little brother Joey.
The show was something he and I shared a great fondness for in the late 70's/early 80's and would stay up
late to watch it.
Joey loved the bit where Benny would pat the little guy on the head rapidly and point at whatever he wanted
him to go do; one of my favorite skits was the one where Benny was a karate man and got into a scrap
with a bear - who wound up also fighting karate style. :)

I'll still once in a while in the wee hours (when I'm up in the middle of the night and trying to stay quiet
to not disturb the wife) pop on headphones and watch old episodes of Benny online - but even now,
23 years after my brothers' passing, I can't watch too much at a time.
Funny how seemingly unrelated things in life trigger things in your memories sometimes, I suppose.
RIP Mr. Hill and RIP Joey...

Back in the day I would stay up late to watch Benny Hill...than after that was Cell block H....good ol days

Oh boy, Prisoner on Cell Block H and then Blake's Seven.
Simple sets, goofy costumes and cheesy special effects.
So bad it was good.

Hill ould play to the camera perfectly and sometimes it was funnier than the skit itself.
I also watched on KPLR in STL.

Never heard of, might be getting my shows mixed up as there was no way the show I'm speaking of was Candian...
Kind of a heavy metal guy, a punk rock type guy were roommates... I could barely understand what the hell they were saying... I guess it was like a precursor to Beavis and Butthead..
Edit... just found it was called the Young Ones,

Young Ones is fun.

Anything with Rik Mayall is really good. And Vivian (Ade Edmondson) with the forehead stars. They did other stuff together too.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101775/

Ever seen this? Drop Dead Fred

I guess I'm too closed minded to get it...lol!
I've never seen Drop Dead Fred either..

I like The Young Ones better now than when I was young.

If you like physical humor DDF is hilarious. I just laughed my butt off watching drop dead Fred trailer. Also Phoebe Cates.

Wow, didn't know he had been around that long, grew up watching him on late night UHF channels as a kid.
He is about the only English humor I got, never understood Monty Python Or Kids in the Hall... I guess the T&A didnt hurt...

The Two Ronnies were good also.

Young Ones ...

Morecombe & Wise were legends also...

Not the Nine O'Clock News.... this has to be one of the funniest clips ever done by them - ground-breaking at the time...

and the late Rik Mayall with Adrian Edmundson ...breaking character in a live show...

:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back