• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bent frame infront of K-member.

Stevo427

Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
What would you guys do about this. Everything else seems to be in spec except for the front of the frame rail. The car was in an accident in the 80's-90's. I think its a little to much to be able to bend back with a torch and big hammer so is a frame shop in need? It's about 9/16-7/8 ish out. It only looks to be bent in front of the k member so it looks like the k member held it all in place. I was going with new inner fenders and rad suppourt on this car so It'd be the perfect time to fix it while I have them off. The car is my 69 roadrunner I am doing a resto on.
View attachment 90370
View attachment 90371
View attachment 90372

I would say it should be fixed.Pulled or replaced.Otherwise you will have issues when getting the inner fender,radiator support and bumper on.

I would say it should be fixed.Pulled or replaced.Otherwise you will have issues when getting the inner fender,radiator support and bumper on.

Yeah I can see issues down the road with the radiator support and inner fenders . Now I just gotta find a place I can take it to in San Diego. Is there any prep I have to do before I would take it. Or do they just roll it in the machine and go to work

Fix it for sure. Not that hard of a fix and looks like you have it pretty well ready to go.

Last edited:
Good news that it's forward of the wheels....Never the less needs to be pulled. Shouldn't be too pricey of a fix. Like previously mentioned, trying to line the panels up without fixing that would be a real treat or for better words, a cobblejob.

Good news that it's forward of the wheels....Never the less needs to be pulled. Shouldn't be too pricey of a fix. Like previously mentioned, trying to line the panels up without fixing that would be a real treat or for better words, a cobblejob.
Yeah I'm pretty relieved it was just in the front. I was a little scared haha
Just glad its localized to the one lil part of the frame rail. This is right in front of the cross member and it's a perfect 34".
View attachment 90460

Like Propwash says, it needs fixing. A competent frame shop should be able to do it easily without pounding your wallet too hard. You won't be sorry when you re-assemble and everything fits.

I'd consider using a porta-power and fixing it myself. Once you cut the rad support off and some other stuff you were going to take off it should be easier to do and measure. Leave the K member in and make sure you support the porta-power on the other side so the opposing force doesn't bend it. Then like you said get a torch out and do some careful localized heating while under some pressure. I bet you can do it in a day, and that includes test fitting your new parts, etc..

Auto Transport Service
Back