• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BERGMAN AUTO CRAFT - INTRODUCTION

Unfortunately, I only sell the arms as complete assemblies.
I thought that may be the case, but I had to ask.
I AM VERY glad to see that the UCAs you offer are a version of the ones I chose (without much guidance). I use my car for cruising, drag racing on Test and Tune night, and for the week of Cruisin the Coast. In the future, my wife and I may do some "power tour" type stuff. We don't put over 2,000 miles a year on them.
I've had the complete front suspension and K member since 2018 November? or thereabouts. If I had the right circumstances, I'd do the installation myself, BUT I don't, AND I am next in line for "big" jobs at a shop I trust, that has done work for me before. They don't want to take jobs that take more than 1-2 days max, because of the possibility of the guys getting sick and the car being stuck there disassembled. I believe that will turn around soon. Our GTO follows the Roadrunner (just like at the drag strip :poke::p:D) so he's got a lot of work to do.
THANK YOU for answering my questions, and what I may do is look to replace what I have with what you offer or what you have in development. The only other UCAs I would consider are the Hotchkis, but the price is still high.

Last edited:
I’m not a fan of the Hotchkiss arms as they remove the anti dive which is a built in mopar feature. I also don’t see the need for heims in the upper arms. I don’t know if anything has changed, but last I checked they needed removal for adjustment.

I still retain a stock front suspension other than relocated upper shock mount. Do you offer lighter than stock components? I have aluminum strut rods that I have not installed yet. After the 1st surgery I dropped 200 lbs with the Jenny Craig diet.....LOL. I'm thinking lighter tie rods,idler arm and centerlink.

IMG_9960.JPG

I don't offer lighter than stock components. My philosophy to offer parts/solutions I've used from open track events, auto cross and lots of driving.

My favorite non mopar suspension is Detroit Speed hands down.

I bought a set of your leftover XV torsion bars for my 1970 Charger, sized 1.15. I previously had 1.0 bars and KYB shocks.
Along with the new torsion bars, I put in Bilstein RCD shocks. The car actually rides better with this setup and has less brake dive.
I have welded in frame connectors and torque boxes, reinforced K member and gussetted lower control arms. Stock UCAs with the Moog K7103 bushings. Front anti-sway bar is a solid 1 1/4, rear is the MP HD leafs and a 3/4" anti sway bar from a 1983 Imperial.
The car is a great performer as far as I can tell. I don't drive it too hard though. I would like to look into road course and autocross events.
A guy at DodgeCharger.com commented at how my extreme front spring rate was beating the hell out of the car and that the Bilstein shocks are a poor match for the 1.15 bars. He cited math and stats to support his beliefs.
I'm not calling the guy a liar but the car feels pretty dang good to me.

They are lots a variables and subjectivity. If it rides better, you've proved the spring/shock match is good. Comparing your t bar rate to modern performance cars, its still undersprung. I'm not sure where this individual is getting their info. At XV the 4 post rig testing was done to determine what is optimum for these cars. Nobody ever invested that much time or money to figure this out. Sounds like a good setup, and especially if you are happy.

Yeah, I tried to tell the guy that the car rides similar to our 2015 Challenger R/T with the suspension package "Super Track Pack". He kept reciting math of spring rates versus vehicle weight.
I know that sometimes real life can defy math or logic....My car rides and handles quite well.
Thank you for your response.

Hello fellow enthusiasts. I have been on this forum previously as GMACHINEDARTGT for at least 10 years. Currently, I own and operate Bergman Auto Craft which has been an online parts retailer focusing on Mopar Steering and Suspension parts. I have extensive experience owning, maintaining, building and tracking these cars. Feel free to ask any questions or view my site - Bergmanautocraft.com. I offer much more than what is listed, so just ask.
I just found your site. Will these fit a 74 charger? Thanks
QA1 Upper Control Arm - Bergman Auto Craft

Auto Transport Service
Back