• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Aluminum Head for 440ci?

Can the Eddy heads be used with TTI headers? Seems like they would fit fine the way the TTI's are set up?

Yes they do,but the plug angle does get close or hit.This depends on the tube diameter,it also makes a tight fit for plug wires.

If you go with the source heads,do not buy the standard head.Buy the heads done by modern cylinder heads.It is an option thru source,they come cnc ported and with a quality valve job.Yes you will need a set of quality headers.Like I said earlier,they are like the rpms needing a quality valve job.

I dunno about that

440source ported heads flow @.600" intake 314.9 exhaust 233.3
Edelbrock Performer RPM flow @.600" intake 290 exhaust 217

Is that worth the additional $261.50 per head?

Not sure about that one....

not sure of the difference in tubes b/t the TTI and Dougs headers, but i dont have an issue with spark plug angle. Performer RPM heads w/ Dougs 2" tubes ...... Taylor 10.5mm wires with heat shields ....

The heads will come with a quality valve job,springs,seals,and retainers.The edelbrock numbers are false,they require some work to hit those numbers.Second the modern source heads will be cut down for a smaller chamber to up the compression and a true sealing surface.I am going to repeat myself once again.The full cnc program for rpm and modern/source heads are the same program.The end result is the same,the flow numbers are the same.Here is some insight new mopar 452 head(rpm head with freeze plugs and straight spark plug)440 source head straight plug with a freeze plug to look factory.The three heads are almost identical.The mopar 452 are built by edelbrock stamped on the mopar head.Source china import.All three of the heads out of the box need work period.By purchasing the source/modern heads you have had one of the best head builders in the country(his edelbrock cnc program is the best)cnc port the heads,he also fixes the known issues.All this is required for the rpms at an additional cost.Your best bet would be to call Jeff himself @modern cylinder actually email him.Be patient he has had some health issues.Dwayne porter is one of the other high end mopar head guy.

We use Eddy heads on my sons 400 with TTI's and I use TTI's with my Indy EZ heads which have angled plugs. In fact the angle plug makes it better as it moves the plug wire away from the header tubes. My EZ heads flow 345 @ .600 and 339 @ .500. They have only had minor port work. I have not run my car with this new eng yet. Ron

This is my Indy EZ heads with TTI headers.

100_1469.jpg

I haven't had any fit issues with the angle plugs on my stuff.I have seen a few with issues,they were all on the drivers side.The brand of headers ?.I know tti at one time had an issue with them and column shift.

I got a chance to get a rebulit 3.55 Sure Grip rear for $595 asking price. Is that a good deal or no?

489 case by the way

Sounds about right.Me stick 450.00 cash infront of him and hold tight to it.He will take it,if not move on they are some what common.

well im gonna go for the Brodix-BS heads...Tom Hemphill can get me the complete kit--ready to bolt on heads--roller rockers --for $2,500.00 out the door,.and from what i've seen they perform really well,.outta the box--and 95% of the factory Mopar stuff bolts right up,.intake,.headers,.valve covers ect...dunno why they haven't got much coverage---if anyone is familiar with Tims Toy (68 Charger)
he seems to tear the track up --- so thats my next upgrade..(along with a good block--)---well good luck to all

I think the answer is preference and the size of your wallet. My preference and wallet can support Stealth heads for my build. The appearance is one major factor for me because I want the head to be stock appearing. I will be running an old Edelbrock CH4B dual plane, mid 500 lift hydraulic roller with the stealths on a 440/512. I am not shooting for the stars I just want about 550hp and 600tq which will get peoples attention on the street while having a blast.

Source heads.

You just can't beat source heads for the money, I have 2 sets, first set was the first batch they made. Out of the box and on the car, no issues whatsoever, 2nd set is the cnc'd version for a stroker I'm building. just my 2 cents

Attachments

• racecar.jpg
    racecar.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 860
I have the 440source stealth heads and so far so goof have been tweaking the valve set up. The only prep I had to do was get some clearence for the push rods as they would have rubbed a little on rhe side of the hole. But yhe straight plug is good and bad..good on the drivers side but bad on the passenger at least fo 3 out of 4 cuz of the hraders.

I got a chance to get a rebulit 3.55 Sure Grip rear for $595 asking price. Is that a good deal or no?

489 case by the way
Is it used or has all new bearings, gears etc? Add it all up if it's all new parts to find out what it costs for all new parts then throw in some labor. Gone are the 100 dollar set up days....at least I won't set one up that cheap anymore.

The heads will come with a quality valve job,springs,seals,and retainers.The edelbrock numbers are false,they require some work to hit those numbers.Second the modern source heads will be cut down for a smaller chamber to up the compression and a true sealing surface.I am going to repeat myself once again.The full cnc program for rpm and modern/source heads are the same program.The end result is the same,the flow numbers are the same.Here is some insight new mopar 452 head(rpm head with freeze plugs and straight spark plug)440 source head straight plug with a freeze plug to look factory.The three heads are almost identical.The mopar 452 are built by edelbrock stamped on the mopar head.Source china import.All three of the heads out of the box need work period.By purchasing the source/modern heads you have had one of the best head builders in the country(his edelbrock cnc program is the best)cnc port the heads,he also fixes the known issues.All this is required for the rpms at an additional cost.Your best bet would be to call Jeff himself @modern cylinder actually email him.Be patient he has had some health issues.Dwayne porter is one of the other high end mopar head guy.

I would agree 100% , I have used all 3 or 4 styles aluminum heads listed here, the early first run of Stealth 440Source Heads were bad they had big quality issues & problems with head gasket fits & torching the head gaskets & combustion chambers at times depending on whose or what type & size bore gasket used... They have supposedly fixed the issues... The Eddys RPM Heads are a great middle of the road price aluminum head especially with some minor port & bowl work, with better quality castings, better quality components & a thicker deck surface, better flame travel (because of angle plugs) then the Stealth 440Source Heads, & like you said the same CNC machining program for both Eddy & Stealth... The INDY cylinder heads of the proper size/style port for you intended use are probably the best but are not for a budget build , the EZ is comparable with the other 2 mentioned in flow rates out of the box... I really think it come down to your head guy or what you expect out of your choice of head get the proper head for the intended use & they will all work some better than others but some far more expensive than others also, it kind of goes back to the old saying "you get what you pay for ", you want to be cheap you get cheap ****, you want to step up to the plate (or bank window) & pay a little more for quality you get a better product for you hard earned dollar... It's your choice, go cheap you get what your paying for , go middle of the road & good you may be satisfied , or expensive & quality & not have any worries to speak of other than maybe fit issues... Just my humble opinion...

Read a lot of input. Was wondering do some of these guys work on heads for a living? Edelbrock heads will be great right out of the box. Since it;s a street cat. Indy's are Ok. A bit pricey, same as Brodix. But great heads. We ran 9.74 on some Edelbrock heads with just cleaning up the runners.Harland Sharpe are the BEST, if you can afford them. Don't bother with dot source heads. Too much to work on. Spend the money and Ede;brock. I do heads all day long,so, I know a little about what I', talking about.

Thank you

Read a lot of input. Was wondering do some of these guys work on heads for a living? Edelbrock heads will be great right out of the box. Since it;s a street cat. Indy's are Ok. A bit pricey, same as Brodix. But great heads. We ran 9.74 on some Edelbrock heads with just cleaning up the runners.Harland Sharpe are the BEST, if you can afford them. Don't bother with dot source heads. Too much to work on. Spend the money and Ede;brock. I do heads all day long,so, I know a little about what I', talking about.

It's good to hear from a professional head builder on this subject..

Auto Transport Service
Back