• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Cordless Impact?

All my newer cordless stuff is from Lowes...

I had Milwaukee tools for years but so did my friends and kids and my stuff disappeared too often.

Now nobody steals my stuff and I like the Lowes tools.
Even though I have all Milwaukee for the garage tools, I do have a Lowes Kolbalt 80V leaf blower and weed wacker that are going on 5 years now and they are great!

I'm a corded Milwaukee man since 1972. But I don't have any battery Milwaukee tools.
My only battery tools are Kobalt 3/8, 1/2 impact and a driver. They were given to me. They are good tools and handy as can be. Plenty of power for light work. I take them on the road when I travel.
But all this talk about how a 1/2 battery impact will take off anything in the universe? Don't kid yourself.
If you have a 125 psi or more compressor, then you should have 3/4- and 1-inch pneumatic impacts. That's when you will know what bang for the buck nut busting power is.
They're the magic wands for my backhoe, dozer and motor grader.
One of my good friends tried three 1-inch battery Milwaukee impacts. They got the job done. But they cost a "lot" of money and couldn't take the abuse the air impacts do. They don't like hammering on a nut for a long period of time to get it off.
In the garage at home, I use the 1/2 air and spare the electric tools.
The battery stuff is good, but you'll pay for it in the long run. I've been using the same air wrenches for three decades.
If you are going the pneumatic route using 3/4" - 1" remember that you will need to use larger hoses from the compressor to get enough volume for the tool to develop it's full torque capacity.

My garage has been turned red with Milwaukee tools. Just in case the 1/2 inch drive can't get the job done (which is very rare) I have this as the "I am getting serious now" impact!

D

Milwaukee 1 Inch Driver.jpg

Last edited:
If you are going the pneumatic route using 3/4" - 1" remember that you will need to use larger hoses from the compressor to get enough volume for the tool to develop it's full torque capacity.

I didn't want to gear up the whole system for more flow. So, I run the 175-psi compressor to a 7-gallon portable tank in line to the tool. Then use a short 3/4 hose to the tool. It's good for a few good hits between charges.
A few good 175 psi hits with the 1 inch do a lot of twisting.

My son has a bunch of Milwaukee fuel stuff. The 1/2 inch will not pull the lug nuts off my Semi so I'm buying a 3/4" impact and another battery so the inventory is abundant. I'm tired of dragging those big hoses out for the 1" pneumatic impact, and any time it is below 45°f the damn thing freezes on the 6-7 lug nut then gotta warm it up. PITA.

I use all Milwaukee, I have the mid torque 1/2 inch and the high torque 1/2. Some jobs require more torque

Auto Transport Service
Back