• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Cordless Impact?

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
Looking to invest in a cordless impact 1/2”. Have Ryobi stuff but looking for something more solid. What is your experience and recommendations?
TIA

Makita or Milwuakee Fuel. The new Brushless Ryobi is supposedly super strong. I have some of the new Brushless tools and they are much better than the older stuff.

Well just bought a brand new DEWALT and took a **** month later (impact drill). But my 1/2 Milwaukee has had no problems.

Milwaukee rocks. My impact and drill are 8 years old and don't miss a beat. Added more batteries, lights, buffer and even a portable vacuum. Love em all.

I have a DeWalt DCF 899.... Both at home and at work has been good to me. No problems but also have heard good reviews about the Milwaukee half inch one that is the same basically

My son bought me this one last week,
Freaking unbelievable power
1701545822227.jpeg

I have the 1/2" Milwaukee impact and the impact driver that I use a 3/8 drive along with various bits. You need to drive some screws? These will do it. I use the driver 95% of the time. I only have to bust out the 1/2" for the really tough stuff.

I have a corded Bauer 1/2 inch impact. It will twist the nuts off a bull rhino, but I wouldn't recommend that. I use the corded only because i work in a two car garage, if my space were much larger then cordless would be the way to go.

As per the previous replies, I would agree that Milwaukee is the king, based on reviews from friends in trades. Makita also very favoured. I personally use a DeWalt for 1/2" impact duties in the garage. So far so good for what I have needed it for.

I work with a snap on one at work it can break your wrist if not careful

Another recommendation for Milwaukee. We use them in the machine shop I work at. Dust, dropped on concrete floors, nothing seems to kill them. I bought some for myself. A 1/2” chuck hammer drill, a 1/2” impact gun, and a 90 degree angle drill. What I would have come home with back in the 80’s junkyards,had I one of those impact guns!

None of the techs in our shop use pneumatic tools anymore, Milwaukee seems to be the brand of choice. Their 1/2" M18 makes up to 1400 lb/ft of torque, if hardware doesn't break free, it will probably break off...

Our shop uses Milwaukee for the most part. However there is one guy that bought the Snap-on because he could make payments. He regrets it now as it is sub-par to the Milwaukee stuff. It was more expensive and less powerful and Milwaukee has better support.

I have all Dewalt. They have been great. Milwaukee make great tools. I have several 120v and they are flawless. Only reason sticking with Dewalt is that I have many batteries. Shame all tools cant share the same battery.

Auto Transport Service
Back