• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Looking Car Ever Made

I always thought these were absolutely beautiful.

IMG_1516.jpeg

IMG_1515.jpeg

View attachment 1469206
It's hard to beat a 1932 Duesenberg for style, class, and beauty!
When I lived in Indiana in the 90s, I used to see these cross the block every year at the Kruse auction held in Auburn. They were even more awesome up close, and like our Mopars, have an amazing sound when running. In that era, I thought the V-16 Cadillacs were in the same league.

...and the 57 Plymouth outsold both of them.

I've always thought the '53 Studebaker was among the best looking.

53.PNG

Didn't some chev designers get fired over the whole debacle?
Or should have :lol:

It absolutely HAD to have something to do with the true "one year only" 58 impala design.

The only car I really ever regret selling. 1961 Chrysler Newport 2-door hardtop:

Outside: Canted headlights, cleaner grille than NYr and 300, sweeping roof lines, just the right amount of stainless and chrome, and of course those incredible fins sweeping back starting at mid-door to the glorious sky high needle point tips!

Inside: Astrodome dash and just the right amount of bling. The car is just as cool from the driver's position as it is from outside.

A fine example:

View attachment 1469204
Oh man, I like those too!!
View attachment 1469206
It's hard to beat a 1932 Duesenberg for style, class, and beauty!
That kind of reminds me of a 1930 Packard Sports Phaeton. Had a Hubley model of one and painted it the same color as the car was on the box and it was one of the only model car that I didn't play with was a youngster. I remember where I lived when I got it and that puts me at about 4th grade at the oldest. Buy Vintage Hubley 1 22 Scale 1930 Packard Sport Phaeton Model Kit for USD 9.99 | GoodwillFinds
Those were FWD, right?
Disregarding the fact this is a Mopar forum, and all opinions are welcome, I’m a little surprised at no mention of a tri-five Chevy or Corvette so far.
Maybe we're all sick of them?? lol We had a 56 Plymouth Belvedere Sports Coupe back in the day and some people thought it was a 57 Chevy. Chevy copied it? lol

Oh man, I like those too!!

That kind of reminds me of a 1930 Packard Sports Phaeton. Had a Hubley model of one and painted it the same color as the car was on the box and it was one of the only model car that I didn't play with was a youngster. I remember where I lived when I got it and that puts me at about 4th grade at the oldest. Buy Vintage Hubley 1 22 Scale 1930 Packard Sport Phaeton Model Kit for USD 9.99 | GoodwillFinds

Those were FWD, right?

Maybe we're all sick of them?? lol We had a 56 Plymouth Belvedere Sports Coupe back in the day and some people thought it was a 57 Chevy. Chevy copied it? lol

FWD and turbo!

...and obviously hidden headlights.

I always thought these were absolutely beautiful.

View attachment 1469232

View attachment 1469233
I remember actually seeing one in the wild. Early eighties, Vancouver British Columbia. Parked in a parking lot just like any other daily driver. There, and Victoria are where I used to see lots of Jag XK’s, MG’s, and Triumphs. Good times. Also saw the only ‘69 and a half Trans Am that I’ve ever seen.

Wait...."obviously hidden"...hmmm...oxymoron?

It absolutely HAD to have something to do with the true "one year only" 58 impala design.
I read an article years back that the 1 year only stuff had something to do with GM trying to transition all of the divisions together.....it even continued into 59 when Chevy came out with the 'cats eye' tail treatment. Don't know about the other divisions because I wasn't too keen on GM design back then but really liked the Chrysler stuff.....and Edsel lol

My guess is that they either hurriedly cobbled onto the 55-57 platform to make it seem lower and wider (which it does but still looks like a 57 with quad headlights to me)...

...or they rushed the 59/60 body ahead condemning the 58 body to a one year run.

...and then possibly even rushed the 61 body, cutting the 59/60 body to a 2 year run.

Is the 61 chevy body one year?

IIRC 62-64 is basically the same.

Auto Transport Service
Back