• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Looking Car Ever Made

I remember actually seeing one in the wild. Early eighties, Vancouver British Columbia. Parked in a parking lot just like any other daily driver. There, and Victoria are where I used to see lots of Jag XK’s, MG’s, and Triumphs. Good times. Also saw the only ‘69 and a half Trans Am that I’ve ever seen.
Had a friend who's dad bought one new in 1954.. Had pictures of when they took it deer hunting with a buck strapped over the roof & decklid.... Owned it till he passed away & I was involved in getting it ready to sell.... Thing drove like a truck, heavy steering, heavy brakes.... Certainly not a modern feel....

64 & 65 442 were nice...

70 & 71 442 too...

Budnicks 71 Olds 442 SST.JPG

Well since the pic "one" seems to have flown the coop, here are some of my favorites, in no particular order, because I like lots of cars.

I saw someone was on about 55 Chevy. Why pick that when you could pick:
fHWpyEvYvj_D8g-tmeQG_1KlYApgMizvqGhnlA5G-RSLw=s0-d.jpg

I promise not too many Fords, i was more into Fords as a young man because my family owned several. I always liked how these looked futuristic but still classic:
b8cd77971bfb4d8b894360ab56b47346.jpg

I had a "piece of work" 1970 "Mach 1" with 3 colors of paint on it when I was 19. It was a dark jade metallic with the mach 1 stuff on it, but they also added the bos 302 hockey sticks(no lettering) that fit the car and color. Always liked the body style.

1990-dodge-ramcharger.jpg

I daily one of these. Mine isn't quite this nice but nice enough people walk across the gas station lot to tell me so.

Still want one of these:
18082904-1974-oldsmobile-442-w-30-thumb.jpg

I always was an Olds guy as far as GM. Grew up with my Ma driving a 72 Delta 88 with the 455. Grandpa had a Cutlass. I would wander to Chevy for a C4 ZR1 maybe....
This checks the exotic boxes for me:
o_1623244600387bc948261468a4e8fullsizeoutput_188ff.jpg

in this order

#1 68 Charger R/T, is hands down best-looking car ever
every view front, back, side, top, etc. all good

#1a 69 Charger 500
(my bucket list car, white or silver with red tail stripe, black buckets 4 speed 426)

#2 69.5 Roadrunner RM23 HT
#2a 68 Road Runner RM23 HT
#2b 68 GTX HT or Convertible

#3 68 Barracuda Formula S 383
#3a 68 Dart GTS 383
#3b 70 AAR Cuda
#3c 70 Challenger TA

68-71 W100 PW (68 Sweptline pref) or W200 Power Wagon
97-99 Dakota Clubcab 4x4 SLT (I love my lil' Emerrald Grean Pearl truck)
97-99 Dakota R/T (I had a 98 & 99)
77-78 Plymouth Trailduster
71 Super Bee-Charger R/T
71 Demon

*65 GT40 Mk II-IV
(Lola, LeMans winner/Ferrari killer) even street car version
*65 Daytona Coupe 427sc
(killer car)
*65-67 AC Cobra 427sc,
hands down best-looking sports car ever made
*I can't fit in either

70 Trans Am Ram Air IV, Blue with white stripe
71 Trans Am Ram Air III, White with blue stripe
65 GS Riviera 401 2x4bbl, in Silver or Platnum, black interior
(hands down most beautiful/stylish muscle 'brand X car')
65 GTO HT 389 tri-power
67 Chevelle 396-SS L78 HT
65 Corvette 396 425hp L78 Conv./Hardtop (one of the best cars I ever owned)
62 Covrvette 327 Fuely Conv./Hardtop
68-71 Corvette big block car/L79 or L88 or 454 LS6 (I loved my silver/black 71 LS6 4 speed)
57 Bel Air HT 283 Fuely, Black on black
55 Bel Air HT
(has to be a hard top, no exception, I don't like the 150 210 sedans or Bel Airs
with them big *** rear side window & their un-proportionately longer roofline)
70 GSX Buick 455 Stage-1 in Apollo White/black
68 RS Camaro 396 375hp 396 in Hugger Orange & Black stripes
70 Z28 LT1 370hp Silver & Black
70 GTO Judge that dark green they had
69-70 Mach 1 428 R-code in Black Jade
69-70 Boss 302 or Boss 429 Grabber Blue

69-70 Triumph TR6 British Racing Green
61-73 E type XKE Jaguar pref. V-12 Type 1, drop top in British Racing Green, saddle int.
even Enzo Ferrari said;
"it was the best-looking ever made"
71-74 Porsche Targa 2.7ltr or 3.0ltr blue & balck

newer stuff
2015 Hellcat Challenger
(very 1st year, without the fugly *** Bushwacker fender flares)
2021-2023 Rebel TRX Hellcat
2023 Gladiator Rubicon 'Launch Edition' Limited (de-badged)
99 Trans Am Firehawk SLP WS6 6 speed 30th Anniv. (I loved mine)
94 Trans Am 25th Anniv. White with blue stripe,
chrome wheels not white (I loved mine)
If you hit the lotto, can I live in your garage?

20131118_114615.jpg
20131118_114610.jpg

2013, fueling up: Schaeffer & Long restoratios did work on it for a INDY reunion

If you hit the lotto, can I live in your garage?
Sure, if I hit the super lotto :thumbsup:
I'd have a 60k+ sqft shop, with several 2 & 4 post lifts
along with a shower, kitchen, bar & an apartment up on a mezzanine level
true mancave

I’d love to have them all but right now I’m sending both of my kids through college and my 18 year old boy just started loving older cars. He wanted a Monte SS so I bought him an all original paint and interior 83 except the rims and I’ll probably have to buy the Family’s 55 210 off of my brother to keep it in the family. Yeah I know a couple of Chevys lol but I want my boy to have his own taste but he does loves Mopars also. The Monte was a good buy and a cheaper investment that’s climbing in price.

View attachment 1469333

View attachment 1469334

View attachment 1469336

View attachment 1469337

View attachment 1469338
I love the Monte Carlo SS cars. I sold them when they were new but couldn’t afford to buy because I was a crappy salesman and didn’t even make enough money to afford my own apartment!
Even though they are still available, I have resisted because in California, I’d have to keep it stock to pass the stringent CA emission standards. The 305s were 16.5 to 17 second slugs but looked great.
My brother had a 78 Monte. I liked the 84-88 models the most. Not a fan of the Aerocoupe though despite its NASCAR heritage.

Last edited:
Well since the pic "one" seems to have flown the coop, here are some of my favorites, in no particular order, because I like lots of cars.

I saw someone was on about 55 Chevy. Why pick that when you could pick:
View attachment 1469362

I promise not too many Fords, i was more into Fords as a young man because my family owned several. I always liked how these looked futuristic but still classic:
Flip that Imperial around and look at that front end and that is one god ugly car and it’s not even in the same time zone as a 55 Chevy. If you read my post that 55 is a family heirloom. I’ll end up owning it again one day but it’s still the best looking in the 50,s. If I had to pick another car in the 50,s 2nd to the 55 Chevy it’d easily be a 56 Plymouth Belvedere Sports Coupe. I like it better than the other Tri-Fives.

6CB814E9-9E51-479B-ABC3-5FAAA420BAB4.jpeg

890FE1C0-C9CD-4EF2-8BED-83649AF5537B.jpeg

I'll say my favorite non-Mopar is a 63 Corvette; it is so iconic. My father-in-law had one and I am trying to get it back so it stays in the family, but this is not likely at this point. This looks exactly like his except his had a red interior.

1963_Corvette_Stingray_Split_Window.jpg

I love the Monte Carlo SS cars. I sold them when they were new but couldn’t afford to buy because I was a crappy salesman.
Even though they are still available, I have resisted because in California, I’d have to keep it stock to pass the stringent CA emission standards. The 305s were 16.5 to 17 second slugs but looked great.
My brother had a 78 Monte. I liked the 84-88 models the most. Not a fan of the Aerocoupe though despite its NASCAR heritage.
I absolutely hated the Aerocoupes and yes they are slugs but that’s all a 18 year old boy needs lol. We’ve actually owned about 8 Monte SS in every color, option and year besides a Aerocoupe and a 86 GN. 83 and 84 were identical except a steering wheel change and a bucket seat option. Despite the bucket seat option being more popular and sportier, the bench seat cars were a lot more comfortable. The 2 tone interiors in the 83,s and some 84,s were a lot prettier than it’s bucket seats counter parts. My brother just fixed up a 87 and put a 6.0 LS in it and sold it quick. I just bought a Silver 86 SS and flipped it. It actually amazes me how much attention my boys car pulls. We took it to a cruise in and didn’t enter because we were about an hour late and within a few minutes they were about 20 people surrounding it and taking pics. A lot of people didn’t even know they came with 2 tone interior. For a 40 year old original car I think it looks pretty good. Not even a crack in the dash.

35747146-4668-456A-B56B-9B6B721AD69B.jpeg

89D4D2D6-66F0-4C91-A0D1-3424BCF8AC84.jpeg

255FB2C2-D1F1-4FE0-857C-1B07D83E6842.jpeg

I sold new cars in 1985. I don’t recall seeing that year Monte with two tone interiors. The dealer fleet managers ordered what they thought would sell. Maybe it was available but not ordered by our guy.

I sold new cars in 1985. I don’t recall seeing that year Monte with two tone interiors. The dealer fleet managers ordered what they thought would sell. Maybe it was available but not ordered by our guy.
Guys were asking us who did the interior and everything lol.

And of course. The 1961 Ferrari 250 GT.

It's certainly the nicest looking 1961 anything I've seen.

ferris-bueller-ferrari-art-4.jpg

I remember actually seeing one in the wild. Early eighties, Vancouver British Columbia. Parked in a parking lot just like any other daily driver. There, and Victoria are where I used to see lots of Jag XK’s, MG’s, and Triumphs. Good times. Also saw the only ‘69 and a half Trans Am that I’ve ever seen.
I’ve been lucky enough to see both of the models you mentioned. I have been lifelong friends with Lyn Yakel, who passed away some time ago. He was the acknowledged authority on the gull wind Mercedes, having 5 examples of his own, including the only one with a dark brown interior and luggage to match. He was also the only person who was authorized to remake gull wing parts, and had all of the original blueprints from every part on the car. He is also widely credited for building the first chopped hot rod, that graced the cover of the first Hod Rod magazine. If you google his name, about 186k hits come up, a lot about that car and how Peterson had been looking for years to find it for the Peterson museum. He is also a land speed record holder and aerospace engineer, as was his wife. A very accomplished gentleman in his day.

I also lived very near to Bruce Logan, who at one time had 3-4 of the seven 69 Trans Ams, and had the only Ram Air IV model they made. They all sat under a lean to at his house on Wayne Rd., just down the street from Harlow Tire, where the famous Harlow Tire Daytona sat for decades. It was a great time to live in the suburbs of Detroit back then!

F72FC08A-F664-4014-BAE6-5763EBF29FE0.png

I'll say my favorite non-Mopar is a 63 Corvette; it is so iconic. My father-in-law had one and I am trying to get it back so it stays in the family, but this is not likely at this point. This looks exactly like his except his had a red interior.

View attachment 1469412
The designer of that car was in awe over this car!

gwkwniakrcyfbs7jabb0.jpg

‘68-70 Charger for me, with the top choice being a ‘68. I’d walk past anything sitting at Pebble Beach to go look at a second gen Charger sitting in the parking lot…

‘68-70 Charger for me, with the top choice being a ‘68. I’d walk past anything sitting at Pebble Beach to go look at a second gen Charger sitting in the parking lot…
Yeah, I would too.. But not because I think the 68 Charger is the most beautiful car in the world... Just one of the most beautiful cars that I have a realistic chance of owning...

Hey, there are women that are more beautiful that the one I've been with for the past 25+ years... But I don't see them staying by my side for 25+ years.. Coral is beautiful, and she is willing to tolerate me...

I've been to Pebble Beach a few times, got the hat... I drove my Dodge there & I drove it home... And got a few thumbs up from people in much higher $$$$ cars...

I think the 3.8’s were the better. I liked the looks of my brother’s 1952 XK120 roadster, he also had a XK 150 Drop Head. I got to use them on the condition that if there was one mark on them when I got home I would be dead. Did a lot of careful driving, but what fun.

Auto Transport Service
Back