• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Place for Radiators

BumperMan

Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
Guys looking for a new radiator for my Plymouth GTX and was wondering where is the best place to look at. I looked at Sumit but it looks like all the have is radiators that's aluminum and I'm going back with the stock look and that's not going to work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks BumperMan

If you want a stock appearance radiator that will cool, then call Glen-Ray. The prices are a bit high, but the quality and service is #1.

I have only heard good things about Glen-Ray...my next one will be from them.

spendy, but you get what you pay for.

Guys looking for a new radiator for my Plymouth GTX and was wondering where is the best place to look at. I looked at Sumit but it looks like all the have is radiators that's aluminum and I'm going back with the stock look and that's not going to work.

Thanks BumperMan

Did I say Glen-Ray?

I heard Glen-Ray was pretty good. :eek:

In fact, Bob did me solid and swapped in a used core he had to my tanks and saved me some coin.

I have a 1973 Mopar Radiator that was pulled from a 69 Roadrunner for a matching numbers one...No leaks and cools fine out of a Factory A/C Roadrunner driver...The one I pulled and I would sell was for a 440 or 383 and I think , I can look up to confirm out of a B-Body Police Plymouth ..I can send you numbers on top if intrested..A lot cheaper than option listed if you were not ready to spend 1K ..I shipped the last one for approx $40..If you have any intrest let me know can send photos..It has been sitting in garage for 15 months... Get you going for now and I you would get your $$ back when your ready to spend a Grand..Thanks Rick

rom a 73

Thanks BumperMan

Glen-Ray Price: $1,195.00

Sorry guys, thats where the hobby stops to be fun, seriously!

Dan

I have to install the radiator I just got from Glen-Ray. It looks great and their customer service is great.

Thanks 70rr, let me think about that.

Has any of you guys had Glen Ray to restore your radiators? The prices that I am seeing on this thread is that for a new one or one that has been restored?

Man 1k is a lot of coin

Radiators are a good topic of discussion. A good quality Aftermarket American Made Radiator will cost a minimum of 550.00 as an example a Wizzard Cooling radiator 3 core and shround are 600.00, American made all aluminum. A reproduction radiator is average 1000 dollars for the look, Brass and copper with hand soldering. that's the price. Is it necessary? No does it cool better than a modern well maid radiator no. Does it make you feel good? Yes then do it! When your dead will anyone care if you spent a few Hundred bucks to make it look stock and be American??

Auto Transport Service
Back