• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best source of ignition switched 12v?

Mikefallen13

Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone know a good source of ignition switched 12v under the dash of a '66 charger? I have a few accessories wired up to a crappy looking toggle switch at the moment and would love to eliminate it if possible. Couldn't find any info in the manual/wiring diagrams I have and my voltmeter apparently vanished into thin air. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Mike

I like X12 red that goes to the radio plug.

If the fuse has a spare spade you can run it off of there, otherwise splice into the radio plug.

If you are pulling many amps from that tap I would suggest a single ignition hot to a relay fed from a battery hot source, fused of course, taking the electrical load off that 55 year old system.
Mike

493 Mike is spot on - use an ign 12v to trigger a relay that pulls from a constant hot -- I would wire in an additional fuse block (4 or 6 spot) and use the relay to power that - so you can hook your accessories to a fused circuit

Auto Transport Service
Back