• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Tire Size 69 Charger

poopdeckpappy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
20201002_112715.jpg
Hello all. I'm upgrading to disc all around(Wilwood) and am wondering what your opinions are for tire size. I'm moving up to 15" new Keystone Classic rims in order to ensure brake caliper clearance, and of course the BF Goodrich White letters out. Let me know what height and width looks best. This is a numbers matching complete car, so we haven't altered anything radically as far as the engine and drivetrain are concerned. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Last edited:
Should I get some larger rims for the back like a 10 inch and go with eight inch in the front? I dunno. I'm definitely not a tire and wheel guy. I just want my **** to look right for what i'm spending.

Second gen Chargers look great with 15x10's and 295/50/15's on the rear. Backspacing has to be spot on though. I ran those along with 245/60/15's on 7 inch rims on the front on a couple of Chargers.
275/60/15's on 8 inch rims are also popular for the rear.

Second gen Chargers look great with 15x10's and 295/50/15's on the rear. Backspacing has to be spot on though. I ran those along with 245/60/15's on 7 inch rims on the front on a couple of Chargers.
275/60/15's on 8 inch rims are also popular for the rear.
How did it look with the 10's on the back? Any old photos maybe?

Nice looking car!
What brakes are you putting on and are you doing the front only or rear as well?

View attachment 1034562 Hello all. I'm upgrading to disc all around(Wilwood) and am wondering what your opinions are for tire size. I'm moving up to 15" new Keystone Classic rims in order to ensure brake caliper clearance, and of course the BF Goodrich White letters out. Let me know what height and width looks best. This is a numbers matching complete car, so we haven't altered anything radically as far as the engine and drivetrain are concerned. Thanks in advance for any and all input.
I went with 305/45/17 in the back and really like it.

Did you run disc all around on this? Backspacing is my main concern along with tire size.
Front disc/rear drum. Rear end is the stock Dana 60. Backspacing for the rear is 5 1/8" and 5 5/16". That put them exactly centered. I am sure that 5 1/4" would have worked as well. Cragar, who now owns the Keystone brand has opened up their custom backspace ordering on these wheels again. A guy almost has to go the custom route with 10" in the back. They are not unreasonable as far as the extra cost. I have ordered 4 sets from them.

Front disc/rear drum. Rear end is the stock Dana 60. Backspacing for the rear is 5 1/8" and 5 5/16". That put them exactly centered. I am sure that 5 1/4" would have worked as well. Cragar, who now owns the Keystone brand has opened up their custom backspace ordering on these wheels again. A guy almost has to go the custom route with 10" in the back. They are not unreasonable as far as the extra cost. I have ordered 4 sets from them.
In order to have clearance for calipers, and taking into consideration i'd like to see some 50's on the back on 10 inch and use 8 inch in the front. What tire size would you suggest for back and front? I'll probably go with what you say. They are finishing up the car and it needs to roll freely. They took the calipers off in order to move it around. I'd appreciate your opinion, and this is very important. I'm already into this project at 80k. Thanks.

In order to have clearance for calipers, and taking into consideration i'd like to see some 50's on the back on 10 inch and use 8 inch in the front. What tire size would you suggest for back and front? I'll probably go with what you say. They are finishing up the car and it needs to roll freely. They took the calipers off in order to move it around. I'd appreciate your opinion, and this is very important. I'm already into this project at 80k. Thanks.
Every car is different and measuring accurately for backspace is super important. That is something only you can do. Personally, I think 8" rims on the front is asking for trouble.
I have run many cars with 15x7 with 4.25" bs 225/70/15 front and 15x8 4.5" bs 275/60/15 rears. This is a very popular combo and will have no clearance issues.
My current combo for both my B-bodies is the same as above on the front along with 15x10 rims and 275/60/15 on the rear.

Auto Transport Service
Back