• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best torqueflite-727 to 1000hp?

The problem is eventually the stock parts are beyond limits. To get the really strong stuff you are forced to go TH400 due to parts availibility
Doug

So, which parts aren't made stronger in the aftermarket? Just askin?

No grudge. Just don't take it in the butt repeatedly. Others, self-lube.

Did you find your trans builder yet? My dad is a television repair man, he has got this ultimate set of tools. I can build ya one !

Did you find your trans builder yet? My dad is a television repair man, he has got this ultimate set of tools. I can build ya one !
Great "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" Jeff Spicolli quote :lol:

last decent movie Sean Penn actually stared in

Getting estimates from the "big-boys". I'm hoping to only take it once, for a good transmission. The car is ready...but I don't know about the checkbook.

The only thing the "big boys" ever deliver that's different than the good guys seems to be a bigger invoice.

So....lets see a list of those "good guys", who have some happy customers. The "big boys" have created the parts that everybody else uses. I had one guy quote me hardened input and output shafts at quite the mark-up from the guy who makes them.

So, which parts aren't made stronger in the aftermarket? Just askin?
The case, no aftermarket for 727, limited gear sets. Even stronger internals available for the 400. Don't get me wrong I have no issue 727. But when the power goes way up the TH400 has 2000hp capability. As I stated earlier my homebuilt piece runs stock input shaft, pump gears, output shaft, 3 pin planet carriers, and stock servo pistons. Though I don't make 1000hp it does make close to 900hp uncorrected. The only iffy part has been the front planet carrier splines which I consider a maintenance piece every 200 passes or so. Same set-up in my sons 850hp turbo car except his runs a brake and a steel front planet. Both transmissions are 65 push button.
Doug

Thanks. I was just talking with Dave at Protrans. Good talk, very attentive, and seems to have been the innovator of some of the important "big-guy" parts. I felt very comfortable speaking with him, and he'll be calling me later tonight with a work-up plan.

I failed to mention Joel on joy as well. Builds a TON of Super Stock record holding stuff.
Doug

From what I hear....Joel's is really slow and hard to get ahold of. May be good stuff, but I need it in this lifetime, and communication is key to all my business deals. A few years back, I couldn't get ahold of him.

I have a local trans rebuilder,he's been doing this for 35 years. He also has a blown HEMI in a 70 charger with a TF.If you have a relationship with a builder,he can build you something and if you want to supply the parts it can work out well.I bought everything from http://www.tcsproducts.com/ .I had bought the pinion from A&A.

I was telling you what good parts will cost you to build a transmission to hold 1000+ Hp. ADIOS! Opps. my post disappeared.lol

OOOPS

spelling_police.jpg

Decided to go with a Pro Trans.

Dealt with Joel years ago before he moved and customer service was exceptional.
Just had a street build.

Auto Transport Service
Back