• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to remove clutch retention spring

70 beepbeep

Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Im trying to find the safest (non losing fingers way ) to remove it without ******* something up

Thank you

20230322_075234.jpg

I had no trouble removing it, but the petals were out of the car. The retaining pin was worn considerably which made it easier to remove. Getting it back in was another story. That's a big a55 spring and not easy to work with.

Unbolt the pedal box from the fire wall. Then press the pedal down further. It will fall off.
Doug

Many years ago I was needing to reinstall the spring. We had the washer idea but the spring was already off. My buddy worked in the railroad repair shops so he took in and it apparently took 3 railcar wheels hanging from it to get gaps big enough to shove washers in

I removed the spring a few times off the car on the left. With the pedal at rest, the spring tension isn't bad at all, but pushing the pedal to the floor & wedging washers or shims between the coils is a great way to remove them.

We had the washer idea but the spring was already off.

Auto Transport Service
Back