• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to ship a quarter panel?

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
I have a 68 charger full quarter that a fellow member would like shipped to Washington from Texas. What is the best and most cost effective way to do so? It’s in the cardboard sleeve, but out of the box. So it would need to be packaged or crated.

Possibly Fastenal....you may need an odd pallet to set it on??

You're going to need a long box. I would talk to some local body shops and see if you can get a box that a pick up box side comes in. That should be big enough.

Or a truck hood... I know a older generation Ram truck hood is over 70" long..

Another option depending how wide the quarter is, a large screen TV box... (I got my front/rear windshields stored in a 65" TV box)

Or a truck hood... I know a older generation Ram truck hood is over 70" long..

Another option depending how wide the quarter is, a large screen TV box... (I got my front/rear windshields stored in a 65" TV box)
I was just thinking how long a Charger 1/4 is.

I was just thinking how long a Charger 1/4 is.

I dunno 68 up, but 67 'net is over 90" (just measured), so that throws both my ideas out window.

The person to ask? The guy in Thunder Bay who makes 66/6 Net/Charger quarters how he ships em.. Wasn't AMD charging extra for boxes? I seem to remember it being a surcharge at Carlisle..

Build a crate so it cannot get smashed or corners bent.

fastenall will not ship a large crate cross the line seen in this photo below. they will ship a smaller box across this line. Ever since the cOvid.

To use fastenal everything needs to be on a pallet, and it needs to be enclosed for any insurance. No insurance = no liability.

0365C2A1-0067-429C-B538-11D74A539614.jpeg

I have never used these folks, but you might Google www.forwardair You have to take it to the nearest airport, that uses their services. It's, airport to airport, then they call you, and you go pick it up. Maybe worth a try.

Best bet would be Fastenal using a pallet, the Carrollton store has helped me out several times with oversized shipments. Crate and strap it down vertical. But as r413 indicated this is a no go for you in this case with the shipping zones they use.

The cheapest and safest way is a freight forwarder. Ships from one air port to another. It could sit at warehouse upto a week, when free space is available that is not nobles they fill the pace with yourvproduct

Auto Transport Service
Back