• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to value 68 charger R/T?

It sounds to me like you just have to find one and see how much it will take to get the owner to sell it. For a complete, restored, good running $car...50-100K ish...
$70 opens the door and gos up

For a complete, restored, good running car...50-100K ish...

A fully restored numbers matching 4-speed is pretty much the holy grail of 68 Charger R/T's & the chances of finding one for sale at a reasonable price is slim. If one pops up for sale, you can pretty much guarantee that the seller will ask, and get, far over 100 large.

A fully restored numbers matching 4-speed is pretty much the holy grail of 68 Charger R/T's & the chances of finding one for sale at a reasonable price is slim. If one pops up for sale, you can pretty much guarantee that the seller will ask, and get, far over 100 large.
Numbers matching is irrelevant to me.. if it does.. great.. if not.. no prob. Not looking for a financial investment as much as an investment in enjoyment.

Numbers matching is irrelevant to me.. if it does.. great.. if not.. no prob. Not looking for a financial investment as much as an investment in enjoyment.

Most of us aren't/weren't either, but this hobby has turned into big bucks & as such, you want things to be right before you spend the big dough.

I agree with this, when I was looking I had a budget of 90k and figured I would have many nice examples to chose from but quickly realized I was wrong…. Found a couple at local car shows but always got the “I don’t want to sell it price”….. good luck with your search, you will find the right one

Prices have appreciated from ridiculous into 'ludicrous' territory

A properly done '68 Charger R/T factory 4-Spd with any documentation/authentication at all ?
Is now showing well north of $150K on Hagerty

Last edited:
yea.. For a Condition #1 concours car.. which is basically undriven. Not really looking for something like that. Condition #2 which is a proper restoration in great condition driven to shows etc.. would be perfect..

nice!! selling??

Nope, but here's a couple pictures to tease you. :lol:

PXL_20210404_191742256.jpg

PXL_20210404_191723192.jpg

PXL_20210729_004706273.jpg

0384A161-2D62-4114-B632-98144FA6733E.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back