• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Windshield to get?

91r/t

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
I am looking at windshields for my 68 Runner and need to find a good replacement. ECS has the date coded glass but its kinda pricey for a driver. Is AMD glass any good? Looking for a good replacement tinted glass that isn't going to make me cry when I whack a rock from a dump truck but fits ok. I can install it, just need some opinions on a good quality replacement piece.

Watch the tinted, some use that dot matrix stuff.

Have you tried your local mom and pop glass shop? I got 2 windshields for 2nd Gen chargers. And 1 for a 83 dodge van For about $120. Each They were nice! and had no problems.

Have you tried your local mom and pop glass shop? I got 2 windshields for 2nd Gen chargers. And 1 for a 83 dodge van For about $120. Each They were nice! and had no problems.

I have not. Looking at Sanders Repro hot rod glass right now as a good choice from what I read and a couple others. I should call a couple but not much around here anymore unless I go to the city.

Watch the tinted, some use that dot matrix stuff.

That along with thickness and fitment scare me from some of the local vendors who source Chinese replacements. I was hoping to stay with a good vendor who some have used. I saw a couple people used the vendor I listed above (Sanders repro glass) and had good results when I searched, but the search didn't really bring alot up so figured I'd see who was using what. The AMD glass is backordered and has mixed reviews and ECS is for a high end car that won't be driven. Gotta be something in the middle that's good I figured.

Just called 3 local guys.......these people don't even wanna talk to you anymore unless its an insurance claim on a 2019 hyundai! Nope can't help you sorry. I can't even get the guys to sell me a damn windshield let alone install it. That is how I learned how to do them. No one will install a rubber channel gasket windshield anymore so I said F it and did it myself. Not that bad.

AMD is backordered and I hear they have the same vendor as ECS so I am sure they are even backordered. Thanks COVID!

Just installed a tinted AMD in my charger. I expected the worse, but it was nice!!

That along with thickness and fitment scare me from some of the local vendors who source Chinese replacements. I was hoping to stay with a good vendor who some have used. I saw a couple people used the vendor I listed above (Sanders repro glass) and had good results when I searched, but the search didn't really bring alot up so figured I'd see who was using what. The AMD glass is backordered and has mixed reviews and ECS is for a high end car that won't be driven. Gotta be something in the middle that's good I figured.
It's always preferable to use local products of course. But several years ago (probably been fixed now) a comparison was done on b body glass, and the locally made windows cost more but were thinner than stock, while the Chinese were the correct thickness.

Ordered one through Sanders in Washington today. We shall see how it fits and looks when it gets here.

I am looking at windshields for my 68 Runner and need to find a good replacement. ECS has the date coded glass but its kinda pricey for a driver. Is AMD glass any good? Looking for a good replacement tinted glass that isn't going to make me cry when I whack a rock from a dump truck but fits ok. I can install it, just need some opinions on a good quality replacement piece.
Google Auto City Classics in Minneapolis. They may have it. We have used them 4 or 5 times over the years.
Great folks, plus they know how to ship glass.

Google Auto City Classics in Minneapolis. They may have it. We have used them 4 or 5 times over the years.
Great folks, plus they know how to ship glass.
I looked at them as well. I ended up going with Sanders hot rod/muscle car glass. Comparable pricing and great reviews. The few local guys here to me either said no can do or were out of business. Wonderful world we live in today its Toyota Camry or bust! I will post an update in my build thread when I get it and install it so everyone knows whether to trust them or not. I am hoping its a positive experience.

1968 Roadrunner refresher

:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back