• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Wireing Harness 68 B Body

Runner 68

Tarnished Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
I have been doing a little poking around on here trying to figure out what you guys feel are the best wiring harnesses for our cars. The consensus I came up with is that M&H / Year One is the best deal / quality / fit / correctness out there.

Would you guys agree?

Yes, best plug and play and no headache. Wait for a 30% off sale through YearOne.

Having just recently replaced the engine section with the Year one, bought it at Mrmoparts I think its the best if your going for stock look and wires..

I have a 70 b body & got the Yearone. Perfect fit & not a problem !!!

Chuck

B Body Harness

I have a M&H dash harness from Year One. It's great except had to wait months to get it. I have a number of harnesses from Evans Wiring (www.evanswiring.com). They give great service, the harnesses are well made and correct, shipping is fast, and, you can them up and talk to them about what is needed. They don't make dash harnesses though.

I replaced ALL my wiring on my 70 Road Runner with M&H harnesses (OK, I lied, I did not replace the wire to the dome light, but everything else I did!).

They fit right, work right, and are no hassles. I would absolutely use them again.

Hawk

Thanks guys, you pretty much confirmed everything else I found on here.
For what it's worth hsorman, I too probably will not replace that one either. In fact much of my original harnesses are in damn good shape but they are pushing 50 years old (every time I think about that it blows my mind, half a century) and considering how much I am going to invest in the old boy, I don't want to burn him to the ground using bad harnesses.

One question though, any problems hanging a few modern low draw goodies off the stock type harnesses? Stereo, remote No2 bottle opener, electric trunk popper?

Thanks guys, you pretty much confirmed everything else I found on here.
For what it's worth hsorman, I too probably will not replace that one either. In fact much of my original harnesses are in damn good shape but they are pushing 50 years old (every time I think about that it blows my mind, half a century) and considering how much I am going to invest in the old boy, I don't want to burn him to the ground using bad harnesses.

One question though, any problems hanging a few modern low draw goodies off the stock type harnesses? Stereo, remote No2 bottle opener, electric trunk popper?

I hear you. Mine were actually in pretty decent shape except where a PO hacked up the wiring to install a radio. BUT, as you said, they are nearing 50 years old. Under hood wiring will be especially prone to cracking and shorting. I wouldn't do it.

As far as connecting other gadgets: The key you want to check is how much current (AMPs) those accessories draw. If low, you are probably fine.

I wanted to keep my wiring stock(ish), but I did convert to a voltmeter in my dash instead of the battery gauge. I then split so I have two main feeds for under the dash. The original black (from the alternator) feeds the original wiring, while the red battery lead now feeds a new set of circuits that power my subwoofer, rear defroster and extra cigar lighters/power ports. Both are fed by fusible links for safety. The system appears to work well, but I really don't have much time on it yet!

Good luck,

Hawk

Auto Transport Service
Back