• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beyond Frustrated...........RR won't start and run still!!!!!

Just as an aside, took mine for a fill-up 30+ yrs ago and wudn’t start. Told the gas station mech to look it over(he loved all the extra underhood room!). Found out the ‘+’ coil wire only had one copper strand still attached. Always check everything, no matter how minor it may seem.

Got home from work, cleaned up the wiring with some split tube looms and fired up the RR, sounded great!

Took it for a spin to get gas no then on to some low traffic side streets I put the pedal down and she barked the tires with a vengeance. Everything seems back on track, and man o man did I miss driving this car. Going to make up for some lost time with it the rest of this week. And Mopar night is this Friday at our local cruise so I'll finally be there!

Thanks again FBBO for all the ideas and help

Years ago I had a '80 Power Wagon with a 360/4bbl, mildly built with cam, headers, intake (bought it this way), out of the blue it would just die....no rhyme or reason! When I went to fire it back up.....it would crank and crank and crank, then finally backfire and run normally! (destroyed 4 mufflers!!). I was chasing my tail trying to figure it out, and a friend of mine suggested it was wiring within the steering column, so I bought a new one and changed it out.....never had the problem again! I know I am comparing a truck to a car with different years.....but like everyone has said before....check all your wiring, even your ignition!

Glad you got it up and running!!! :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back