• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big block, Automatic OVERdrive and a way to do it cheaper...

Are you going to pull your engine and trans to do the swap or are you planning on doing the whole thing from under the car? If it was me I'd pull the engine and trans and then use a bare block with the bellhousing and transmission to get everything lined up. That way you'll have stuff in the correct location but you'll have some extra room to access things like the new clutch linkage. Once you have it all figured out then you can bolt the trans to your engine and lower it (or raise it) back into place. Since you have a two post lift you probably drop the engine and trans out the bottom.

Did you get an answer on the Quicktime bell housing. Seems compatible? https://www.holley.com/products/drivetrain/bellhousings/parts/RM-9073

A built 4L60/80E or 518 are ~$3700 + adapter... The price seems to be about the same.
A 200-4R from Extreme Automatics + adapter is about 1k less. Seems like a better option?
Extreme Automatics carries all the GM lines and would be a good source to discussion the application.

Quicktime is $$$. I will be going with a bell housing from JW Performance and fully built Sonnax equipped 4L60E from Winner's Circle. This will compliment my Holley Terminator EFI setup.

I am leaving the engine in place. The clutch will be hydraulically operated so the linkage associated with that should be simple.

Very interesting! If I weren't busy with burnt out friends I'd offer to lend a hand some weekend. With your 'retired' lifestyle you'll probably get it done during the week anyway.

The Wife is such a great lady.
So nice, so supportive. She asked me today if I'm going to put in my papers or go back to work for awhile. I like this time off but I really do miss the work too. The work has changed though. What I used to really like has faded away to where now, it is only commercial construction and schools. I miss the days of building houses.

KD,Can you go back part time? Enough to keep insurance going ?

I do have options, thanks. I can work 480 hours a year without affecting the pension. I can choose to have medical insurance deducted from the Pension if I want to do that.
The Wife has medical for us both .

Auto Transport Service
Back