• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big block, big cam, open headers, Sniper

andyf

Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
Holley Sniper XFlow on a big block with a big roller cam and open headers:

Oh yeah!!
proxy.duckduckgo..gif

tgnbsfgbf.gif

Sounds good Andy. If you could tell me What size are those wheels are and backspacing, Tire size and if those are stock tubs? Id really appreciate it!

Rear wheels are 15 x 10. Not sure on backspacing, maybe 5.5 inches. Tires are 315/60-15. Car has been tubbed.
DSC_4560 (Large).JPG
DSC_4450 (Large).JPG

That will be a fun ride. Minitubs look great! With the roll bar it looks like your planning on some track time...
Any e.t. goals?

700 hp, 4000 lbs, should go low 11's or maybe high 10's if everything works just right.

Serious question- how will you have 4000 lbs? Even assuming full steel body, seems very high. And don’t say “800 Gorilla driver.”

Serious question- how will you have 4000 lbs? Even assuming full steel body, seems very high. And don’t say “800 Gorilla driver.”
My stock 69 440 road runner with a dana and 727 was 3700 lbs empty. Add a 200 lb driver, 100lbs of gasoline, and a full roll cage......?

I own a set of scales so we know what the car weighs. It is over 3300 lbs right now. By the time we add the glass, interior, bumpers, grille, etc. it will be 3500+. Then add 200 for a driver and 100 for gas and it will be 3850 or 3900 on the starting line.

I own a set of scales so we know what the car weighs.

That makes sense- thanks. I was assuming you weren’t putting interior in with the cage etc. My street car full tank, no driver is 3900 ish, mostly stock. I was also assuming Disk brakes, lighter mill, no undercoating etc. Well, you know what that say about assuming.

Great looking car, and I know the point was about the sniper (which does sound great), but thanks again.

This is a street car. Full interior, undercoating, full exhaust, etc. plus the cage. So it will be 3900+ with driver. It has a glass hood, aluminum heads, mini starter, aluminum water pump housing, etc. but that doesn't offset the added weight. It also has a dana, 11 inch rear drum brakes. The front has discs but they aren't lightweight, they are the factory 11.75 setup with cast iron calipers.

This is a street car. Full interior, undercoating, full exhaust, etc. plus the cage. So it will be 3900+ with driver. It has a glass hood, aluminum heads, mini starter, aluminum water pump housing, etc. but that doesn't offset the added weight. It also has a dana, 11 inch rear drum brakes. The front has discs but they aren't lightweight, they are the factory 11.75 setup with cast iron calipers.
DSC_4486 (Large).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back