• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

505 short block

I wish u luck. With zero deck flat tops and a 75cc head and a .040 gasket u will be around 13.5 compression. U will have to change the pistons. That cam will only make matters worse. Thick head gaskets will only make matters worse as u will need mega thick intake gaskets and then there is the problem of sealing the end rails. Kim

I wish u luck. With zero deck flat tops and a 75cc head and a .040 gasket u will be around 13.5 compression. U will have to change the pistons. That cam will only make matters worse. Thick head gaskets will only make matters worse as u will need mega thick intake gaskets and then there is the problem of sealing the end rails. Kim
84 cc head and a 0.060 head gasket 11.0 compression

84 cc head and a 0.060 head gasket 11.0 compression
Even that is pushing it for pump gas. I have a 10.6 to 1 iron head 440 that will run on garbage california 10% 91, but that's only cause I have a .557 purple shaft in it. (250+° at .050, if I remember right). Now that I have access to 100LL, I run a few gallons with each tank, about 25-33%.
I think if I were you, I'd consider a .090 cometic head gasket. If you're using open chamber heads, you have no quench anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back