• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

big block headers

I posted what I recommended. They DO fit. 205 from Summit. Over and out.

RustyRatRod they might fit since they are shorty headers .

I didn't want to go that route since it was easier for me to connect the Schumacker to my existing exhaust pipes with little or no modifications.
I already wasted too much time on the headers issue I'd rather drive the car instead ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Super77se:

I used the original spool type engine mount for big block with the original small block K-frame
to be right the engine would need to be move rearward closer to the firewall by 3/4" to 1 inch maximum.
I didn't do anything since everything works fine.

There's no might to it. Right now, I can put my hand ON a 72 Grand Fury Wagon with a 440 in it with those headers on it. I know it aint a B body, but we got B bodies to compare and they'll fit. The shortys ain't holdin the car back either as it runs 8.40s in the eighth mile with a race weight of 5300 pounds. Hence it's nickname "5300". Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCZvyAYb6G8

Sorry for the poor video, but the audio is good. That's run through a pair of Flow Tec Terminator mufflers with 2 24" glass packs for resonators because it was so frikkin loud.

:icon_eek: 8.40sec for a 5300lbs wagon!

It's about a low 10sec on a 1/4 miles track.......this is a really fast wagon!

:icon_eek: 8.40sec for a 5300lbs wagon!

It's about a low 10sec on a 1/4 miles track.......this is a really fast wagon!

Naw. You add about 4. somethin seconds for 1/4 times. It indexes around 12.70s or so I guess. Still haulin *** for 5300 pounds.

RustyRatRod they might fit since they are shorty headers .

I didn't want to go that route since it was easier for me to connect the Schumacker to my existing exhaust pipes with little or no modifications.
I already wasted too much time on the headers issue I'd rather drive the car instead ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Super77se:

I used the original spool type engine mount for big block with the original small block K-frame
to be right the engine would need to be move rearward closer to the firewall by 3/4" to 1 inch maximum.
I didn't do anything since everything works fine.
excellent. thats what i was hoping to hear. i think with your pics of the bashed in header , i can fab mine to make it work.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no might to it. Right now, I can put my hand ON a 72 Grand Fury Wagon with a 440 in it with those headers on it. I know it aint a B body, but we got B bodies to compare and they'll fit. The shortys ain't holdin the car back either as it runs 8.40s in the eighth mile with a race weight of 5300 pounds. Hence it's nickname "5300". Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCZvyAYb6G8

Sorry for the poor video, but the audio is good. That's run through a pair of Flow Tec Terminator mufflers with 2 24" glass packs for resonators because it was so frikkin loud.
LOL thats badass

super77se........Good luck!

The main problem is with the 2 middle pipes who are way too close to the steering box (in my case touching it)
if you are able to move them away (maybe 1/4" or more) it should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Naw. You add about 4. somethin seconds for 1/4 times. It indexes around 12.70s or so I guess. Still haulin *** for 5300 pounds.

Still BAD ***!!!

super77se........Good luck!

The main problem is with the 2 middle pipes who are way too close to the steering box (in my case touching it)
if you are able to move them away (maybe 1/4" or more) it should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Still BAD ***!!!

do you have pics of your car? lets see this beast

that was the header I use in my 76 cordoba with a 383. cheap price but fit great. Funny, I lived in Ortonville when I was a kid some 40 years ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back