• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Critter Under Shed

Hanover Mopar

Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Woke up this morning and found this out my window. Something very large has decided to take up a residence under my shed. As you would expect my wife is freaking out.
The muddy prints are about 2" in diameter. Looks like it is getting in (and out) on both East and West sides. The mud on the south side is stumping me though.

Any of you trappers or hunters have an idea what the hell it could be. Don't want to, but I guess I could, buy a deer camera to find out. I'm not a hunter but not against killing this monster.

Thanks in advance
Jack

East.JPG
North.JPG
South.JPG
West.JPG

I see you are in the Northeast - just start waving a broom handle under there.............you'll know if it's a skunk pretty quick. need better pics of the paw prints, but it's pretty small.
Think skunk, porcupine, groundhog size. Unless it's one of those Giant Killer Bunnies..............you don't happen to live near Three Mile Island do you??
Get one of those Live traps from the Hardware store, we're all anxiously awaiting this monster reveal.

It may be smaller than you think. I'd bet a big handful of mothballs would encourage it to take up residence somewhere else.

Looks like a sob groundhog. Follow it's tracks in the snow and see if there's another hole in the ground along your woods.

What state are you in? Depending on that could be skunk, armadillo, badger, groundhog, fox, bear, ...
Judging by the snow, Armadillo is out of the question.
Need better pics of tracks in the snow.
I would go with a live trap.

Clearly a miniature Sasquatch.

What ever it is, I agree on the mothball treatment.

Cheap, not labor intensive, and good chance of resolving the problem without further inconvenience to either party.

i think groundhog. some of them an get fairly large. try a live trap with some veggies for bait.

I'd say it was a Jackalope but it never would have got it's antlers through that hole. Being in the northeast, maybe its a small Sasquach. Could also be an illegal alien en route to crossing into Canada.

Christ. Now I have to tell my wife she was right. She said try moth balls and I said no way. I'm thinking groundhog. The print is 3" in diameter. Best I could do for photos
IMG_3620.JPG
IMG_3621.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG

Going mothball route and invent a "creature" if it works because I'll never see it.

I'm thinkin it's Godzilla or Mothra?

Its the ammonia in mothballs they don't like so instead of mothballs, buy a bottle of pure ammonia and soak a rag with it and stuff it in the hole. Ideally you want to do that when the critter isn't home!!

Auto Transport Service
Back