• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big wheels on Bbodies

IMAG2680.jpgIMAG2835_1.jpg

17's on mine. wish I'd staggered 17 front 18 rear or 18/19

From 747mopar: "I really don't understand why people feel the need to voice an opinion about someone's taste in wheels when all they are asking is about fitment not whether or not you like it."

Right on, brother. 20 posts and 1 guy actually gave an answer to the OP's question. You know what they say, "Opinions are like as*holes; everybody has one." They're even worth less when they're not solicited...

From 747mopar: "I really don't understand why people feel the need to voice an opinion about someone's taste in wheels when all they are asking is about fitment not whether or not you like it."

Right on, brother. 20 posts and 1 guy actually gave an answer to the OP's question. You know what they say, "Opinions are like as*holes; everybody has one." They're even worth less when they're not solicited...

Chill out......... have a sense of humor!
No one said they "didn't like it":icon_rolleyes:

Maybe a different title of the thread such as 'will this size wheel fit ok' would have brought in a more positive discussion....?

Honestly now, does anyone here have the guts to say they like those obnoxious wheels shown in some of these pics? Actually, I like 17-18" wheels as long as they don't have those rubber band tires on them........................................MO

From a performance and physics perspective, no one should run low profile rubber.

Sidewalls are critical to ride quality and cornering, not to mention unsprung mass.. ;)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, all Corvettes, Vipers, Ferraris, Lambo's, etc run what I would consider low profile tires and they're all performance cars? Maybe we just have a different view of what low profile is? My last car had 15's all the way around and I liked it until I tried to push it threw a turn really fast and felt the sidewalls rolling under, my Charger doesn't care when I push it threw a turn, hooks up good and rides very well even with stiffer springs all the way around. It would seam to me that the biggest difference in peoples opinions are directly related to what they do with their car, if you show it then that's great, if you just fart around town in it that's great too or even if you just look at it while it ages but I drive mine hard just the way they were meant to be so I'm always looking for ways to make it perform better. Nobody will ever agree on this issue so just do what I do and look at peoples rides threw their eyes, I've seen pics of your car and it's not what I'd build but it's a beautiful car "period" enough said. I will admit that I think I should have went with a bit more sidewall in the rear and will remedy that as soon as I burn these off.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, all Corvettes, Vipers, Ferraris, Lambo's, etc run what I would consider low profile tires and they're all performance cars? Maybe we just have a different view of what low profile is? My last car had 15's all the way around and I liked it until I tried to push it threw a turn really fast and felt the sidewalls rolling under, my Charger doesn't care when I push it threw a turn, hooks up as good and rides very well even with stiffer springs all the way around. It would seam to me that the biggest difference in peoples opinions are directly related to what they do with their car, if you show it then that's great, if you just fart around town in it that's great too or even if you just look at it while it ages but I drive mine hard just the way they were meant to be so I'm always looking for ways to make it perform better. Nobody will ever agree on this issue so just do what I do and look at peoples rides threw their eyes, I've seen pics of your car and it's not what I'd build but it's a beautiful car "period" enough said.

X2 on that! Not to mention Performance & Physics also taken into account the other side of the spectrum... Stopping! Bigger rims allow for bigger brakes and most "performance style" tires are more readily available in a larger rim diameter.

I agree to not rolling on a rubber band but anything up to 19's and even 20's can leave you a decent amount of sidewall. I can tell you from experience driving my car on 15's for 4 yrs and 17's for the last 2 I didn't feel a ride sacrifice and it handles the road better.

To fwi; Thanks for the advice to "chill out". Maybe after we meet sometime, say at Mopars At The Strip, and you get to know me you'll see that I do have a sense of humor. What I don't have is tolerance for unsolicited opinions on whether something looks good on somebody else's ride, in a public forum. If someone asks for opinions, that's a different story. BTW, see post #2. (Don't mean to pick on you, ski, but I know you can take it. lol)

To fwi; Thanks for the advice to "chill out". Maybe after we meet sometime, say at Mopars At The Strip, and you get to know me you'll see that I do have a sense of humor. What I don't have is tolerance for unsolicited opinions on whether something looks good on somebody else's ride, in a public forum. If someone asks for opinions, that's a different story. BTW, see post #2. (Don't mean to pick on you, ski, but I know you can take it. lol)

Is this some kind of threat?

18 x 8 fronts and 19 x 10 rears here.
ride quality is outstanding and looks good too.

my backspacing is 4.5 front and 5 rear, i believe the RR are very similiar.
small_IMG_8594.jpg

small_IMG_8594.jpg

View attachment 235407

Got to admit I am not a fan of wheels larger than 15" on our cars, but yours looks just simply awesome benno.

View attachment 235407

Love that look Benno . . . Now if I can get the 19 X 14 in the back, I think I'll be happy ! ! ( The space is 16" wide, so some room for movement )

Or 20 X 14 ? ? ? Tucked up inside nice an neatly . . . That's the hope . . .

Love that look Benno . . . Now if I can get the 19 X 14 in the back, I think I'll be happy ! ! ( The space is 16" wide, so some room for movement )

Or 20 X 14 ? ? ? Tucked up inside nice an neatly . . . That's the hope . . .

19 x 14 holy moly that will look nice

All the cars are nice! I have steel wheels red lines and hemi '68 caps,and some big boys 20x15IMG-20131206-00122.jpg,however you build it is how you want it.

IMG-20131206-00122.jpg

Honestly now, does anyone here have the guts to say they like those obnoxious wheels shown in some of these pics? Actually, I like 17-18" wheels as long as they don't have those rubber band tires on them........................................MO

Riiiiight. Do they even make a 60 series for a 17" rim? Would look pretty stupid if they did plus it would be damn tall.

- - - Updated - - -

From a performance and physics perspective, no one should run low profile rubber.

Sidewalls are critical to ride quality and cornering, not to mention unsprung mass.. ;)

Ha, ha,. Do they like driving sponges in Finland?

Seems like most people hate wheels larger than a 15" until they see how it actually looks then they love it. Nice charger Benno440!

Auto Transport Service
Back