• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Biggest rear tire on superbee?

cj's mopar

Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone i am sure this has been asked a million times but i am new here and not sure if or how to search .
What is the biggest tire that will fit under a stock wheel house on a 69 superbee?
Right now i have a 295 50 r15 old genral radial tire , looks like about a inch and half left ,( between the spring and tire). The tire looks short in the well.
I want to buy somthng with the most "hook" I can get.The car is a 4speed
with a stroaked 451 with a sixpack and comps cam 275 hl cam .
I plan on running a 391 or 410 gear .
what do you guys recommend for good traction and driveablity?
I heard that drag radials are not good for stick shift cars is that true ?

I like 255/70/15 cooper cobra's but thats personal preferance

Big well on a Bee. I think you can get a 305 in there depending on the series may have to go to a 50 series. I know a 295 70 will fit.

295-65-15 BFG drag T/A,Mopar Performance Hemi springs

Attachments

• Pictures2 134.jpg
    Pictures2 134.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 2,735
Beezee, what is your wheel size and back space if you don't mind? Good looking car!

CJ, a large tire size in a stock wheel well is limited to several factors. The size of the wheel well, rim size and off-set, or back set. I went to TireRack.Com to research tires for my 68 Charger with new M/P Hemi springs and 8x15 inch stock steel wheels. If you click on a selected tire it will give you, for each size, all the dimensions of the tire. You'll find a pretty wide variation on height vs tread width in the "street" tires. I wanted to fill up the wheel well as much as possible and be as wide as possible. I found the Radial BF Goodrich T/A P275/60R15 gave me the "most height" and "widest tread" for my rear wheel well. For a more aggressive look on the front I went with a P245/60R15 on a 6x15 rim. Just suggesting a place where you can make a tire choice and get some dimensional information. Good Luck .. Chuck

Auto Transport Service
Back