• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Biggest wheel/tire combo under a 68 Charger?

I had 15x10 4 7/8 BS, with 325 50 15 MT Drag Radial, rolled outer wheel well, only rubbed on the hump that in made into the outer well when hitting a large bump, caused no damage or marks on the tire, also when turning into my sharp,steep drive way it would just touch the inner wheel house, put a rear sway bar on it & that cured that, now have 390 45 15 M&H , only hits on a large bump, still NO tire damage, this is the 325 50 15 , the bottom is the 390 .View attachment 1230627
With the 390-45-15 does it fit under the stock wheel well without any modifications to the front of the wheel well or the quarter panel And with the rear in the stock location? What rim are you using as far as width and the backspace and offset? Any help appreciated as I’m getting ready to start my project and it would be great to know before I start thanks

Like this?

upload_2022-1-29_14-42-59.jpeg

With the 390-45-15 does it fit under the stock wheel well without any modifications to the front of the wheel well or the quarter panel And with the rear in the stock location? What rim are you using as far as width and the backspace and offset? Any help appreciated as I’m getting ready to start my project and it would be great to know before I start thanks
I would be willing to bet that the only way a 390 fits is with major suspension changes.... or sticking out three inches past the fender.
It would probably look like the charger above.... after narrowing the axle, moving the frame rails, getting rid of the leaf springs, adding coilovers, and adding huge full tubs. (Those are a bit larger than 390s, I will admit.)

I would be willing to bet that the only way a 390 fits is with major suspension changes.... or sticking out three inches past the fender.
It would probably look like the charger above.... after narrowing the axle, moving the frame rails, getting rid of the leaf springs, adding coilovers, and adding huge full tubs. (Those are a bit larger than 390s, I will admit.)
No a 390-45-15 is much smaller than a 31-18-15 the post I asked a question about had a picture of the tire fully inside the wheel well and I was trying to ask the owner of the car the question the tire I’m asking about is on his car and it is maybe 15” wide and 29.5 tall I wanted to know if he had to move anything or is everything in the stock locations I do have very specific reasons why I’m asking yes I can figure it out myself however I felt it would be the intelligent thing to ask someone who already knows that would be the owner of the car in the picture not a random person who doesn’t know the size of a 390-45-15

I had 15x10 4 7/8 BS, with 325 50 15 MT Drag Radial, rolled outer wheel well, only rubbed on the hump that in made into the outer well when hitting a large bump, caused no damage or marks on the tire, also when turning into my sharp,steep drive way it would just touch the inner wheel house, put a rear sway bar on it & that cured that, now have 390 45 15 M&H , only hits on a large bump, still NO tire damage, this is the 325 50 15 , the bottom is the 390 .View attachment 1230627

Frank, you can reach cdr like this, @cdr, he will get a notification next time he logs on.
And for my bonifidies, a 31x18x15 fits my car fine.
But it has had everything in #24 done, plus wheelwell opening stretched.

Welcome from Alabama, I can't tell you what the biggest tire on your Charger is, but I have 28X10 15's on my A body.
20211214_140407.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back