• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Birthday gift...

Can’t go wrong with IR
Parts alway available
You can run your 3/4 gun or 1 inch gun for working on truck
Might have to wait a few seconds for it to catch up but still a good choice of compressors
Very thoughtful wife you have
God bless you both

That's the compressor I wanted!
Best compressor I've ever used!
I just got a craftsman pro 80gal because I couldn't afford that compressor!
Your a lucky guy wish my wife would do something nice for me!
Again happy bday man !
You have the gift of children from her.:poke:
They are priceless.

IR is one of the oldest air compressor makers, I think Atlas Copco is the oldest both go back to the later 1800's
I leaned my trade in power generation. Before leaning to weld I helped a mechanic work on the plants air compressors. We had two Sullairs for house air and im positive the control air which was a separate system used for air controls/ air operated valves/ regulators was a IR. This was late fifties industrial air compressor technology. The Sullairs were newer, I dont recall what they replaced. I know I did a 2'' screw pipe cooling modification on both Sullairs we had.
The holding tanks were very big.
We had another compressor in the other plant so big you needed a 10 foot ladder to get to the top of it. It was not that reliable and I forget what brand but I know the IR just kept pumping year after year
We did a lot of basic upkeep on it, a lot of rebuilding of the valves
IR today is still a leading air compressor maker today, world wide, still a quality product
I doubt you can go wrong with a IR, id think the big guy will have the compressor for decades to come.
IR would still be my choice when my old Sears single stage does finally give up
I do have a old Speedaire two cylinder single stage horizontal with a ASME 30 gallon tank and belt driven 110 motor
Its down my daughters garage and it runs like a top.
I dont really use my compressor that much and to save space im thinking of bring that smaller compressor up here
Best of luck with the IR just what you need for those big trucks

Hey there! I know this thread is pretty old, but I had to say that my wife has recently got me an amazing tuxedo for my brother's upcoming wedding.

Auto Transport Service
Back