• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grizzly air compressors-any comments anyone have one?

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
SO Im looking to buy an compressor and Scott posted this one.

SPECIFICATIONS:​

• Motor: 5 HP, 230V, single-phase, 22.5A
  • Tank size: 80-Gallon
  • Airflow capacity: 18.5 CFM at 90 PSI and 24 CFM at 40 PSI
  • Maximum air pressure: 175 PSI
  • Overall size: 26" W x 32" D x 68" H
  • Approximate shipping weight: 400 lbs.

FEATURES:​

• Large oil level sight glass
  • Ball-valve drain and output control
  • Fan pulley and cooling fin design to keep compressor cool
  • W-cylinder cast-iron air compressor pump
  • Made and assembled in the USA with global parts
  • ASME certified 80-gallon tank

g0957-3aa8b9cd04f2c070887f39e3b56e35bd.jpg

Grizzly PRO G0957 - 80-Gallon 5 HP Extreme Series Air Compressor​

Also looking at Ingersoll Rand 5 HP 80 gal. Reciprocating Air Compressor. Any feed back would be great. Also thought about this one

Grizzly PRO G0955 - 60-Gallon 5 HP Extreme Series Air Compressor Looking to paint my car. thanks​

Hard to compare sinct the Grizzly is a single stage 3 cylinder and the IR is a 2 stage. I think the paint gun will determine to a point on the compressor.

Make sure to break it in similar to a new engine.
Put a load on it and run it for 1/2 hour.
Otherwise you might push a lot of oil into your air all the time.

Hard to compare sinct the Grizzly is a single stage 3 cylinder and the IR is a 2 stage. I think the paint gun will determine to a point on the compressor.
Grizzly The 80-gallon vertical air tank has been ASME certified to meet safety and quality standards. The two-stage cast-iron oil-lubricated pump operates at high pressure providing increased volume when you need it.

The Grizzly or the Bel-Air are both great compressors. Shipping will be brutal. I would go with the one Mike posted for now to get started, it will run a paint gun just fine. When its time to upgrade you will get your $300 back.

The Grizzly or the Bel-Air are both great compressors. Shipping will be brutal. I would go with the one Mike posted for now to get started, it will run a paint gun just fine. When its time to upgrade you will get your $300 back.
Bel Air is free shipping

I get worried buying someones stuff I dont know. Its a crap shoot.

Besides quality and workmanship, the easiest way to compare regardless of single stage/double stage/1/2/3 cylinder is-

CFM rating at 90 psi.

Apples to apples if you use that.

I look at it this way, from a service standpoint. Someday the pimp may fail. If you buy a off brand can you buy a reed valve set for it? I can for Ingersoll, Quincy, Curtis, and the like. Even a good chance finding parts for 50 year old compressors.

Auto Transport Service
Back