• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black 68 charger for sale.

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:18 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching that 68 black charger for sale on E bay. Don't know if it worth the money people are bidding on it. Any ideas are appreciated on price and the shape of the car.

A link would be much easier. So, which black one?

This one....

This one....

Or this one...

The top one. I gave the Item number don't know what else there is. Sorry. It is bid for 13K now. Alabama car.

It looks pretty ratty so I guess it will sell for $70,000.

Would feel a lot better to get it for about 7k. Looks like a lot of work needed. Interior is Rattie like is stated. Man looking at dash pads door covers and seats. It looks like it goes on and on. LOL. Don't know if I want to go through all the money it takes to bring one back form the dead. Been there done that with my runner. But would like a charger. Had one in 73. But always liked the 68 and 69's. Guess I am dreaming.

I would save your pennies and buy something more solid, or even a done one later down the road. The entire bottom and back half of the car needs to be replaced, which means there is probably rust elsewhere to address. How deep does the rust really go? The entire interior is wasted, the grille looks not too good, the list goes on an on... This is not a casual project for sure.

Yes it can be done, but there will be a lot more time and money invested than any bidder is currently thinking...

That thing has been punched in the rear more times than Liberace. :eek:

Run away gif.gif

Just to rap up this thread. The car sold for 13.100 dollars. After looking at the car thought as much time and money in putting these cars back on the road would probably put over and above 30 K into it. Just because it had a 440 motor who knows if it could be restored. So much that was needed to make the car like new. Think I could spend 30 or 50 K and have something I could driver.

Just to add while watching the bidding on that charger it was hard for me not to hit the key and bid 100 over the going bid. Have played that game on E bay before and was outbid at the last moment. I don't know if I could have bid without looking at the car in person. I think do I really have enough time to do another full-on restoration. After looking into the classic book at just the upper door pads and rear. Made me think of all the money it would take. So, what do the rest of the group think of the prices people are asking for cars that need everything. So, I am still looking for a project car. But not with a full on restore, I think.

Auto Transport Service
Back