• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Black Ghost" Edition Challenger Scares Up $200K At Vicari Biloxi Auction 2023

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
200 large for the Black Ghost Challenger ..... what a joke! Those who bought into the myth of that 1970 Challenger are chumps and what it really goes to show is what a false myth, hype and clever/aggressive/deceptive marketing will do.

2023 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye "Black Ghost" Last Call Edition - Only 300 of this "Last Call" special-edition model were built, each based on the Hellcat Redeye, but with 10 additional horsepower, bringing the total to 807 supercharged horses. Special features also included a “gator skin” vinyl roof that was a nod to the original equipment on the Detroit street racer that inspired the production model. After initially failing to meet the reserve, a quick negotiation secured the sale at $200,000, shortly after the car rolled off the block.

1697277288456.png

"Gator Skin"

Added $80,000 to the value of the car

Doesn’t even have the sticker under the Challenger Script on the side like the Brudda had.
80K car at best. Lots of pocket lining.

If a person has the money, let them spend it. Was this auction for charity of some type?

Better to have a good line of B.S. rather than a good work ethic these days. All hype, no substance. As a car it looks okay other than that stupid stripe on the back.

I don’t understand what they mean by inspired the production model ?

To me that looks like every other v6 black challenger generic edition driven by guys who wear black socks, watch 90 day fiancé and don’t pay child support.

I see those on every corner same re release every year for the last ten years but with a racing stripe and a weird roof option…

Fit right along with the "original" Black Ghost tall tale
fastest "alleged" never lost a race, street racing cop in Detriot :jackoff:
the supposed legend, of that "alleged" car got highly marketed
& highly exaggerated, for several years prior

Marketing 101, get the highest price exaggerate/lie if need be
caveat emptor, buyer beware

that "Black Ghost" sold for way too much on Mecum last year
this also has a tall/steep price along with it too
good for the people on the receiving end, person buying a different story
don't get me wrong a cool car, but the rest is not up to par

Marketing (along with a tall tale) is what got the price where it is
& some seriously gullible people, that buy into that BS fiction/story

the "Black Ghost" movie will be next

Last edited:
Bid up and bought back by the auction house. This is how they inflate values to increase their total sales volume and thereby their profits.

Or “an *** for every seat”. Sad part is people actually fall for and believe it
The hype surrounding the old car is in line with the same ignorant dipshits that think every 440 was a 6 pack, that Mopars came with POSI rear ends and that they drove their car new off the showroom floor.
The morons don't get a pass from me. I call them out on it. Most people are polite and let the jerkoffs tell all the BS they want but I don't have the tolerance for that ****. Get it right or get the hell out.

Fit right along with the "original" Black Ghost tall tale
fastest "alleged" never lost a race, street racing cop in Detriot :jackoff:
the supposed legend, of that "alleged" car got highly marketed
& highly exaggerated, for several years prior

Marketing 101, get the highest price exaggerate/lie if need be
caveat emptor, buyer beware

that "Black Ghost" sold for way too much on Mecum last year
this also has a tall/steep price along with it too
good for the people on the receiving end, person buying a different story
don't get me wrong a cool car, but the rest is not up to par

Marketing (along with a tall tale) is what got the price where it is
& some seriously gullible people, that buy into that BS fiction/story

the "Black Ghost" movie will be next
Hung out at "The Nugget" on Thursday nights, when all the hitters were out there [Steve Lisk,Joe Ruggirello etc] . Never saw the car, as well as all the others who were there. Lots of people people made a bunch of money from that insane story.

Yeah...a STOCK Hemi was a high 13 second car at best. Nobody with a street race-money car is scared to race a 13 second car.

Auto Transport Service
Back