• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original black ghost 1970 challenger for sale at auction.

Amusing actually. It wasn't exactly the Silver Bullet or the Lisk Challenger.

There was so much street racing back in the day, did this guy do it? I wouldn’t doubt it. Was he a legend? Probably just one of the many street racers.

And a black, gator grain top, hemi challenger is enough, there’s no need for BS hyping up

Back in the day my 70 Sixpack Charger R/T was street raced by Frank Sinatra on the Vegas strip,and anyone who.talked about it went swimming with the fishes with a 440 engine block chained around their neck! Frank wanted to change the name of his song to I beat your *** my way! Coming soon to Mecum auction!

WOAH Frank Sinatra? That'll easily fetch a million bucks, best of luck with the sale :rofl:

Yes, Multiple times.
Ive tried to locate my former GTX vert ( the one with an auto , on the right ) and so far Ive got crickets

I know where the 4spd car is ( one on the left ) and now owned by a friend of mine in NJ

View attachment 1467129

C'mon man, put a story out there like this one that you street-raced it and beat everyone else. That'll get peoples attention to find it :lol::rolleyes:. In all seriousness though, best of luck with the continuing search :thumbsup:

There was so much street racing back in the day, did this guy do it? I wouldn’t doubt it. Was he a legend? Probably just one of the many street racers.

And a black, gator grain top, hemi challenger is enough, there’s no need for BS hyping up
I've owned multiple former street racers. Was that worth a premium? Nah. But the R6 red was. Plus the fact that the original engine held together.

If hagerty is right than this is about 3 times what the car is worth.

I personally do not care about the story (just the condition) of a car when buying.
For me the (as it seems probably made up *) story does not even add 1$ extra to the value of the car. :D

But then i'm not a car collector. I know collectors care about this stuff.
I dont. If i buy a car then because i want to use it and it satisfies me "using" it.

Unfortunately i got priced out of my favorite cars. Thankfully i already have a few.

* Uncle Tony made good points in his video.
I never really paid that much attention to the black ghost but i watched the original video (pre going to auction) on youtube.
I never even thought about this beating more powerful cars of the day. I automatically assumed the guy was "just" an "average" street racer. :D

Which is probably pretty much what he was.
Still a pretty fun story. A cop engaging in illegal street racing. :D

I dont know what happens in the us these days if they catch you street racing.
Here in germany they will ruin your life. :D Not that i think street racing is something one should consider doing...

This guy can never get to the point. Always something he will tell you about later.
He my have a lot of knowledge, but who has time to sit through the crap?

Auto Transport Service
Back