• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

black thumb buttons

My GTX is a St Louis car with black buttons
I should have mentioned that my ‘69 convertible GTX (obviously STL build) is very late (June ‘69) and has chrome buttons (I’m the second owner and bought it in early ‘78). Looks like it’s a year-based thing and obviously would depend on the plant for phaseout. I no longer have my ‘68 R/T convertible but it had chrome buttons. I don’t know the build date.

I should have mentioned that my ‘69 convertible GTX (obviously STL build) is very late (June ‘69) and has chrome buttons (I’m the second owner and bought it in early ‘78). Looks like it’s a year-based thing and obviously would depend on the plant for phaseout. I no longer have my ‘68 R/T convertible but it had chrome buttons. I don’t know the build date.
My former '69 GTX, St. Louis, July '69, had chrome as well.

1968 Satellite Sport Wagon.....

68 W 2.jpg

All 1970 models had chrome.
The switch from black plastic to chrome was mid year 1969.
I like the look of the black buttons over the chrome but not enough to pull my handles and switch them over.
I had a 1969 gtx. Jan sbd. Black buttons

Another with a late Feb sbd. Chrome buttons.

Both St Louis plant builds

Auto Transport Service
Back