• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blasting Cabinet....

Anyone got a diagram of the exhaust routing that doesn't burn up the vac with media dust?

- - - Updated - - -

Post 18 just gave me an idea to go buy another HF unit and weld them together.

Ask and you shall receive
BucketBong.jpg

I don't think you want either the inlet or the outlet under water.

I just stumbled across this article and low and behold I had enough PVC laying around and a 5 gal paint bucket to build one.

Mine is a bit different in that I used the factory pour hole and forced a 2" pipe in it. Sealed. The 2" coupling is a tight seal on my Ridgid brand shop vac hose (after applying a layer of duct tape).
Then I slid a 1 1/2 inch pipe inside the 2" (another tight press fit, but is adjustable) and cut it so it was 2" above the bottom.

That's the cabinet side. The other end of the hose went right in with a little persuasion to the HF cabinet even though the fitting was missing.

For the vac side I had a 1 1/2 elbow slip to thread. The treaded side is through the center of the lid with a thread to slip adaptor, and another short 1 1/2 pipe section slid into another short 2" section with another coupler and finally my second vac hose (with a round of duct tape) friction fit into that.

Took about 30 min and works great.

http://www.thegaragegazette.com/index.php?topic=65.0

The wet trap works really well. The cabinet is sucked into the water trap then thru the wet vac. No dust enters the room. I will post a few pics of the set up. This system keeps dust from getting to Vac motor and destroying the bearings in quick order. After the wet vac I have an exhaust hose going out the back of my shop into the back yard. My only problem is i still bet water even with 2 traps on my 60 gallon Ingersoll 2 stage.

Auto Transport Service
Back