• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blinkers and Tail light issue

chykov's76doba

Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
I hope someone can help me out.

(76 Cordoba) When I use my blinkers during daylight hours (headlights off) they all work fine. However, when the headlights are turned on, the drivers side blinkers (left) blink slower, they do work. When I turn the right blinkers on, they work as they are supposed to, but the drivers side rear tail light goes out.

Any thoughts or advise is appreciated.

check all your grounds back there.sounds like feed back due to bad ground.

also check to see if someone didnt put an 1157 bulb where an 1156 goes or viceversa. I see it all the time

All of the above plus I have seen the 1157 bulb installed backwards. Difficult to do with the offset pins but I've seen it done.

Thanks everyone. I hope one of these things fixes the problem. I will be especially happy if its only "low blinker fluid"!

Thanks!

Well, changed the relay, and checked the bulbs. Still same problem. So I guess I will have to dig in and check the ground.

Any additional input is welcome.

Thanks

I had the same problem, and sublimegtx who said it could be blinger fluid NAILED it. Imagine how many blinks you've been running on those things! I changed to super HD blink fluid and have NEVER had a problem since. Figure I"ll be blinking strong into the next decade.

Blinker-Fluid.jpg

... Or you could find that one of the grounds is bad.

Well, changed the relay, and checked the bulbs. Still same problem. So I guess I will have to dig in and check the ground.

Any additional input is welcome.

Thanks

Hmm. My money was on the relay.

Also check the front signals as they are part of the system. Any corrosion in any of the sockets needs to be taken care of. Then check the disconnect plugs in the wire harness. Should be one relatively close to each light assembly. I hate electrical problems...

That DAMN blinker fluid will get you every time, I change mine every two years needed or not !

Auto Transport Service
Back