• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue shifter lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

monroegtx

Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone know where I can get the blue bubble lense that goes in the auto console under the shifter?

wow...$18+ for shipping of those 4 little lenses?

See if there are any 5th Avenues, Diplomats, Gran Fury's or even "K" based cars at your local u-pull.

Lots of those lenses were the same all the way though the 80's and into the 90's.

Unfortunately not too many American wrecks here in Oz, but thanks for the tip. :VB toast:

If you are talking about instrument panel lighting, you don't need the blue domes if you use blue LED bulbs. That's what I did.

IMG_0007.jpg

For your application check http://www.superbrightleds.com/ then see if you can buy them locally.

Can a guy just replace the bulbs or are there other parts needed to do the switch?

Can a guy just replace the bulbs or are there other parts needed to do the switch?

You should probably remove the blue plastic domes if you want to use LEDs. They fit the bulb sockets. However, I found out if one doesn't light when you plug it in just pull it out, turn it 180 degrees and plug it back in and it should work,

Another consideration is some LEDs are forward facing only which are good for turn signals and warning lights. But for the dash lights that light the gauges you should use LEDs that are omnidirectional. Look at Superbrightleds site and you will see the bulbs I am referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back